Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I can see what people are saying about him working WITH the front two of Gabby and Bent, but he has'nt the qualities to replace either of them when its needed.....like today. And he does seem to let his head drop, which annoys the life out of me.

Then again, he was'nt entirely on his own.

Do people think a front trio of Fonz, Gabby and Bent might be the way forward or are we doomed for failure with any attacking formation we play under this manager?

i'd love to see this, i think delfouneso needs a run now regardless, i'd love to see a delfouneso and bent front two as i have said for a while

Sorry, but what I saw was a striker completely out of his depth.

Delfouneso was static often, his layoffs/passes went astray, he was out of position (dropped way too deep for an out and out striker with Heskey as his partner), he didn't harrass the opposition defenders/goalkeepers.

I saw nothing in his game that suggests he's ready for the premier league.

Sorry, but what I saw was a striker completely out of his depth.

Delfouneso was static often, his layoffs/passes went astray, he was out of position (dropped way too deep for an out and out striker with Heskey as his partner), he didn't harrass the opposition defenders/goalkeepers.

I saw nothing in his game that suggests he's ready for the premier league.

You must have been watching a different game, he actually showed decent movement and passing and looked hungry for it, he touched the ball more times in one game than Bent will the entire season, but he has hardly had time to adjust to the tactics and players around him, who on their day looked pretty clueless.

I wouldn't mind seeing him up front with Bent and Gabby on the wing, but only if injuries dictated.

i too thought he did well yesterday was probably the only postive to come from it.

his movement is very good and he seemed to work well picking up the ball in deeper areas in the first half in the 2nd when heskey went off it was hard from him as he was starved of service. He had good movement in the 2nd half too but seemed like our players couldnt spot this.

Delfouneso was dreadful on Sunday.

Another game where he didnt take his chance. Not suitable for this level, another Luke Moore in the making IMO. Without Gabby and Bent we have no options what so ever up front.

Heskey - past it

Delfouneso - nowhere near good enough for this level

Wiemann - nowhere near good enough for this level

Well we can argue until the cows come home about whether his performance was good or bad on Sunday. Truth is, he's nowhere near Premiership standard. Even the Moore's had offered more at his age and look where they careers have ended up. One playing non league the other sitting on the bench.

Wiemann - nowhere near good enough for this level

How can you judge Weimann on so little pitch time?

This is VT, players get judged quite quickly on here. Some players are called elite after a warm up and some players are called crap after 10 minutes of action where they dont receive a pass of the ball

Well we can argue until the cows come home about whether his performance was good or bad on Sunday. Truth is, he's nowhere near Premiership standard. Even the Moore's had offered more at his age and look where they careers have ended up. One playing non league the other sitting on the bench.

i think we might rue letting him go IF we let him go this season. as has been said above him, albrighton and zog were the best players for us for 30 mins in the first half. i don't think you can say he gets a place ahead of bent and gabby, but he could be used as a sub with 30 mins to go if either of them aren't firing and create something or score.

Look the lad is 20. I have seen enough of him to know he has plenty of potential.

He needs a run of games and a confidence boost. A loan to an SPL club would be a prefect fit. In fact Rangers will soon be stuck for a striker, we should pay them to take him on loan and give him a chance to develop his game.

I think our club really needs to find loan deals to fit our younger players. I really question the wisdom of loaning Gary Gardner to a basement championship side who play him as a DCM! We should recall him and send him to Blackpool for the rest of the season.

Â