Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

So Fonz returned early injured from internationals, Darren Bent limped off and Gabby might be ruled out for Spurs. I really do hope they all get fit, or at least 2 of them. Heskey up front vs Spurs...

Iirc, Heskey brutally violated Spurs last year until he was forced off with a knock.

So Fonz returned early injured from internationals, Darren Bent limped off and Gabby might be ruled out for Spurs. I really do hope they all get fit, or at least 2 of them. Heskey up front vs Spurs...

Iirc, Heskey brutally violated Spurs last year until he was forced off with a knock.

Doubt that would happen against against King, Kaboul or Gallas mind. Wasn't he up against Bassong, Huddlestone and Hutton in defence that day?

On Fonz, the sooner he is loaned out the better. His odds of making it at Villa seem to be going the wrong way now, a loan will either do him the world of good, or tell us that he really isn't good enough. Either way, he needs a loan, rather than sitting in the reserves and struggling to make a bench.

• 1 month later...

Was I the only one who saw a bit of potential in the Fonz's game today? O.k 2nd half he was as bad as everyone else but 1st half early on I was liking the way he was picking up the ball deep and getting Albrighton into the game.

That's what I see with him when he plays for us or the under 21s, a striker who likes to pick the ball up from deep and isn't a goal poacher. I do think he'd work well with either Gabby or Bent but no doubt as he didn't score today, we won't see him on the pitch again for another month while Heskey continues to cheat a living here.

I thought the first 45 minutes he was our best player and probably his best set of minutes in a Villa shirt. But in the 2nd half he had little space and nobody would give him the ball. Felt sorry for him really.

Certainly linked up with N'Zogbia well.

Â