Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Interesting to hear about the Parkdean caravan holiday experiences - we're trying one for 7 days from Monday...

They are decent places for a holiday. I find Haven to be a bit better all round but parkdean still ok. Book your activities like slots in the swimming pool ASAP.

The linked bingo is worth a look. Big prizes (as it’s played across all the parks). Over 3 grand for a line or 7 grand for a full house. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Interesting to hear about the Parkdean caravan holiday experiences - we're trying one for 7 days from Monday...

First time for us and we’ll impressed. Hopefully the weather is half decent for you. 

• Thanks 1

Good info from @Genie and others about statics. My Nan and Grandad had a static in Bewdley for years. Used to love going. They gave it up due to age and rising costs (this was back in the late 90's).

I looked into it myself the other year but the costs now are prohibitive. Only worth it if you spend a lot of time there and get value for money. @rjw63 sounds like he had a good one, with a well run park, but even that can change as parks can change hands due to people retiring/dying and the new owners can have their own ideas. 

Better to just rent one as and when needed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I was going to dump a shitload of dirty old 45s, but last night I sat and cleaned them.

Now I am forcing myself to play-test them all. Most of them used to belong to my deceased father in law.

So I am now listening to Bobby darin, Joe Loss, the Black & White Minstrels, Andy Williams. And some stuff from my wife's past, John Holt, Alice Cooper, Paul Davidson, Gary Glitter (::))

Are the Gary Glitter ones still available , asking for a friend .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I was going to dump a shitload of dirty old 45s, but last night I sat and cleaned them.

Now I am forcing myself to play-test them all. Most of them used to belong to my deceased father in law.

So I am now listening to Bobby darin, Joe Loss, the Black & White Minstrels, Andy Williams. And some stuff from my wife's past, John Holt, Alice Cooper, Paul Davidson, Gary Glitter (::))

Nothing wrong with Bob Darrin. Plain Jane is an absolute classic rock'n'roll classic. 

When we're camping we often see people who've got normal caravans that they just leave at a campsite all year around. How does that compare to owning a static? Would that be an affordable option instead? 

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

When we're camping we often see people who've got normal caravans that they just leave at a campsite all year around. How does that compare to owning a static? Would that be an affordable option instead? 

Seasonal pitches. Depends on the site of course but seen prices vary between a grand and 3 grand. Which isnt bad but season tends to run between March and October. 

My guess is I have been to more caravan sites, holiday parks and camp sites than most, if not all, on this forum. In all the times I have used a club house exactly once and that was to get a pint. For me it isnt a selling point, if anything its likely to put me off as I know it will be riddled with bastard, bastard kids. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My guess is I have been to more caravan sites, holiday parks and camp sites than most, if not all, on this forum. In all the times I have used a club house exactly once and that was to get a pint. For me it isnt a selling point, if anything its likely to put me off as I know it will be riddled with bastards

FTFY

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The idea of a caravan holiday doesn't really interest me in the slighest

but when you tell me there's bingo involved... you've just absolutely guaranteed it will never happen

"But it's fun...."

Is it shite

Played bingo once whilst visiting relatives in the Deep South of Ireland. Load of shite, and it’s a women’s thing isn’t it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My guess is I have been to more caravan sites, holiday parks and camp sites than most, if not all, on this forum. In all the times I have used a club house exactly once and that was to get a pint. For me it isnt a selling point, if anything its likely to put me off as I know it will be riddled with bastard, bastard kids. 

The place we had our static was alright, a very small parkdean park but still had a pool, a show bar, another bar area that had football, f1, PPV boxing etc, access to the beach, kids activities, mini disco etc.
On the face of it being huddled up in a tin can for a few days sounds shit. It’s more about quality family time for a few days. I’ve learned this week that 3 or 4 days at the most is ok.

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are the Gary Glitter ones still available , asking for a friend .

Not a chance.

Absolutely mullered this morning, was up til 3am playing that pile of 45s. Kracken abd vodka areot good for the head. Bleurgh.

• Haha 1

Â