Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

When we're camping we often see people who've got normal caravans that they just leave at a campsite all year around. How does that compare to owning a static? Would that be an affordable option instead? 

We had our own mobile home for years (70s-80s) in Portrane (North Co. Dublin). Just a field, not too many amenities, but right beside the beach. We used to spend all the summer holidays there (3 months) & most of the bank holidays & we loved it :D

And yes, @bickster I do remember a lot of bingo...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It doesn’t have to be Disney Land Paris

I’ve been there twice and you’re right, it’s shit.

Biggest rip off there is. It’s often cheaper to go to Orlando where it 100x better.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I guess if you're stuck in a caravan park for a few days, it's best to get into bingo. It's either that or dogging.

Got any recommendations for the best site? I love.... Errrr...... Bingo. 

This didn't make me smile I laughed my head off.

Just watching the hundred, Surrey Notts. Reece Topley 6 foot 6  84 MPH bowling to Alex Hales. Straight in the nuts. Because he was so far back in his crease, he was close to stump mic. The uuurgh was so loud. He went down like a ton of bricks. I'm sure we have all been there. He was down a good few minutes. The players, umpires and crowd were sniggering. He finally got up and composed himself.

Next ball exactly the same thing happened again. Straight down, same uuuurgh 

this time everyone was really laughing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

She’s like something from Anchorman, “got him in the gooliewooliewoolies, that is painful! That is… the woolies.”

The best bit, and we’ve seen countless times batters hit in the nads was when she said “hit him back of a length”. Genuine new angle on an age old “ouch” moment. 

• Like 1

Missus just came home from work to bring me some freeze gel, heat patches and Ibuprofen (for my bad back). Washed up, put some washing on and told the kids to look after me today, then disappeared off back to work. 

See, there are benefits to being married!

Means I can spend my lunch break tucking into my leftover Naga curry from Saturday. Good times :)

Former favourites of mine, Foo Fighters, doing a disco album called Hail Satin under the name The DeeGees. Musically, it’s of little to no value, but it kind of cheered me up anyway. 

6357D2D8-633F-4BC3-B5DE-24994AF729AF.webp

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

Dave Grohl trolling the Westboro Baptist Church while performing disco in the back of a moving truck will probably cheer you up too.

Oh, absolutely. Heard the story on the radio, actually, hence my post. But hadn’t seen the clip, so thanks mate 👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Oh, absolutely. Heard the story on the radio, actually, hence my post. But hadn’t seen the clip, so thanks mate 👍

Loved the fact that the protester nearest the camera was desperately trying to stop herself grooving to it, and failing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Loved the fact that the protester nearest the camera was desperately trying to stop herself grooving to it, and failing. 

Disco with just the right amount of funk and the human body is basically powerless to resist.  It's science.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â