Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Went into the hotel pool at around 8.30 this morning and got water in my ear. Hearing and feeling the water dribble out about 20mins ago was the highlight of the day.

Simple pleasures. Otherwise you get that crackly sound every time you move. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Simple pleasures. Otherwise you get that crackly sound every time you move. 

I once had some pressure trapped in my ear after a flight. It was stuck in that not popped state for days. I was literally driving to the GP to see if they could do anything and then it just went, absolute bliss to have hearing in stereo again.

• Like 1

Sometimes one thing leads to another. This one started with @chrisp65 posting a picture of Philip Madoc in Dads Army, which made me  remember a BBC Wales Tv programme called Poems and Pints. Searching for that on YouTube brought me to remember the genius that was Ryan Davies. And it really did cheer me up. Look him up, absolute comedic genius

In the film thread, a few of this guy's videos were posted, the "film pitch" videos. I've watched loads of those but they get a bit old quickly.

He's got another series where he does "first guy to do <normal thing>", and they're just as brilliant.

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Had a cracking week away with missus and kids. Just what we needed as a family. Been a rough couple of weeks for me and missus. Anyway we’ve booked up again to come here next June. Back to reality tomorrow as we head home. 

I used to hate going to Porthcawl, it never did have a decent record shop

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I used to hate going to Porthcawl, it never did have a decent record shop

Well, it’s more to do with the caravan site why we’ve rebooked. Very impressed with it and the drive was easy enough to get here. Decent beaches, too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well, it’s more to do with the caravan site why we’ve rebooked. Very impressed with it and the drive was easy enough to get here. Decent beaches, too. 

Yeah I get that mate

My Great Aunt lived there and this is how it went...

Every third weekend, we would drive from Brum to my Grandads in S Wales, Every Saturday we would go to Porthcawl after lunch and we'd stay there until after tea, which my Great Aunt would make and was invariably a boring salad with great bread (she did make great bread), then we would travel to Pyle (not far) and visit my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, we would stay 2 hours then go home

That was pretty much every third weekend of my childhood fecked

My mother liked to visit relatives, which probably explains why I've never been remotely interested in any of my relatives and communicate very rarely

I view those weekends as stolen from my childhood 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yeah I get that mate

My Great Aunt lived there and this is how it went...

Every third weekend, we would drive from Brum to my Grandads in S Wales, Every Saturday we would go to Porthcawl after lunch and we'd stay there until after tea, which my Great Aunt would make and was invariably a boring salad with great bread (she did make great bread), then we would travel to Pyle (not far) and visit my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, we would stay 2 hours then go home

That was pretty much every third weekend of my childhood fecked

My mother liked to visit relatives, which probably explains why I've never been remotely interested in any of my relatives and communicate very rarely

I view those weekends as stolen from my childhood 

Bit extreme I must say Bicks, and definitely enough to put you off for life. 

• Like 1

We’ve been on about getting a static caravan for last few years. Just can’t bring myself to part with the money, even though it wouldn’t be a new one. Also the site fees are a big put off. I know you can rent them out and that pays for your site fees and then some, but that’s another hassle renting them out. If I won or came into a substantial amount of money, kind of life changing money, then that’s one of the first things I’d buy . In our position though, it seems like a bad investment.

• Like 1

Â