Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

A walk around Lichfield this morning. It really is a lovely place. Full of independent cafes/delis and a good selection of pubs. 

I think we've done this dance before but from my childhood memories in the midlands I always associate Lichfield with buying sugar mice and all sorts of cakes from a bakery in a big old tudor building (like all the buildings etc) I think on a corner. Fun times.

My first ever gig as a real nipper was also there in the civic hall as it was then when my dad dragged us along to see Pentangle.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

My first ever gig as a real nipper was also there in the civic hall as it was then when my dad dragged us along to see Pentangle.

We're going to see Pentangle* this Sunday. 

*[Jacqui McShee and some blokes] 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve been keeping my meetings secret from the kids saying I’m going to a work meeting 3 times a week. My wife spoke to me not long ago about maybe being more upfront with my son who’s now 11 and that he probably knows I’m lying. Anyway just called him into my bedroom and told him it’s not work meetings but meetings to help me stop drinking. He knows what I’m like when I drink so that didn’t need explaining much. Anyway it went really well and when I told him I’m nearly 3 months without a drink he said he was proud of me which is ace. 

I was scared of talking him before because didn’t want him to know or thought he should know but my wife said if I’m honest with him it will help him being honest with me and maybe be able to talk to me about any problems. I mean he is growing up now. I just didn’t want to tell him then next week be picking a drink up, but this time feels different. I’ve never been in a better place regarding those vices. I’m now glad I told him, and off to a meeting soon. 

Well done, sir.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve been keeping my meetings secret from the kids saying I’m going to a work meeting 3 times a week. My wife spoke to me not long ago about maybe being more upfront with my son who’s now 11 and that he probably knows I’m lying. Anyway just called him into my bedroom and told him it’s not work meetings but meetings to help me stop drinking. He knows what I’m like when I drink so that didn’t need explaining much. Anyway it went really well and when I told him I’m nearly 3 months without a drink he said he was proud of me which is ace. 

I was scared of talking him before because didn’t want him to know or thought he should know but my wife said if I’m honest with him it will help him being honest with me and maybe be able to talk to me about any problems. I mean he is growing up now. I just didn’t want to tell him then next week be picking a drink up, but this time feels different. I’ve never been in a better place regarding those vices. I’m now glad I told him, and off to a meeting soon. 

satisfied-satisfied-nod.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wow, some things are hard to read about folks you don't really know, apart from what they post on here. Keep going fella

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Getting a new carpet.  It feels like it's added 10% to the value of my flat.  Totally transformed it.

Just so you know.... It won't. 

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Getting a new carpet.  It feels like it's added 10% to the value of my flat.  Totally transformed it.

Oh yeah, new carpet day is ace. Usually it follows several days of no carpet and often fresh painting so it just makes the place feel amazing!

• Like 2

On 02/11/2023 at 15:10, Genie said:

Oh yeah, new carpet day is ace. Usually it follows several days of no carpet and often fresh painting so it just makes the place feel amazing!

Yes! Completely agree. 

Being in the profession, I equally get cheap thrills going back to a customers house a couple of days later (those that have new flooring fitted) and yes. It's fantastic. - even better in tour own home   :D

• Like 1

Â