Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Can’t win ‘em all 

icegif-722.gif

I'm going with "rogering" by the way.

Perhaps if 'Old Fashioned' was capitalised then this confusion would've never arisen. I've Mooneyed it but the results didn't clarify, so what do you think @mjmooney?

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm going with "rogering" by the way.

Perhaps if 'Old Fashioned' was capitalised then this confusion would've never arisen. I've Mooneyed it but the results didn't clarify, so what do you think @mjmooney?

I knew what an old fashioned was (particularly in the context of the post). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I knew what an old fashioned was (particularly in the context of the post). 

Should've been more clear - are cocktail names proper nouns in your opinion? Google gives all of the possible answers.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Should've been more clear - are cocktail names proper nouns in your opinion? Google gives all of the possible answers.

Oh, I see. Hmmm, dunno. I think I'd say no, in most cases - margarita, whisky sour, old fashioned, etc. A martini is gin and vermouth - but what if the vermouth is the branded Martini? 

On 20/10/2023 at 18:37, Rds1983 said:

Old fashioned is a whisky based cocktail. Not sure if something else is missing as one may have become 3 pints and 2 cocktails. 

Mr Foggs tavern in Covent garden calls it an Old fashioned Fanny 

I order one every time I go in there for snigger value for 12 year old me ... then I remember I can't stand Whisky 

they do a Fanny Espresso Martini as well , the fanny names they used are after Fanny McGee , his fictional Landlady 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I order one every time I go in there for snigger value for 12 year old me ... then I remember I can't stand Whisky 

they do a Fanny Espresso Martini as well , the fanny names they used are after Fanny McGee , his fictional Landlady 

One of my semi-regular drinking venues: 

Screenshot_2023-10-24-17-15-28-10_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You could try it without the whiskey. Guess they'd call that an old fanny. Does that sound like something you'd like?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

You could try it without the whiskey. Guess they'd call that an old fanny. Does that sound like something you'd like?

Careful. Wayne's in town. 

Â