Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

The only thing that I don't like about Winter is leaving work in the pitch black, feels ever-so-slightly depressing. Other than that, all good. :thumb:

Yeah I agree.

During the winter I only see daylight on the weekend. Get to work when it's dark and leave when it's dark. Not great.

As for the weather, the cold doesn't bother me. I like it when it's crisp and cold.

But the wind and the rain really gets to me. Hate that.

So when it doesn't rian or is windy and is just cold and bright during Winter, it REALLY CHEERS ME UP!

Winter. Everybody hates it but I love it! I love wrapping up warm when out and getting home, and getting all cosy when it's cold outside with a mug of hot chocolate. I love snow (apart from the traffic it causes) and I love the time building up to Christmas and new year. It's great! Loads better than boring spring and yawnfest Autumn. I think I'd hate to live in a country where it was hot all year round

I look forward to winter so I can wear my ace Parka coat:

I_121415245_00_20090918_resmode_sharp_op_usm_1_1.jpg

Whenever I find out that my little brother is doing great at school is something that always cheers me up. He's 14 but he's not your stereotypical chav teenager type, he's a good lad with a heart of gold! Anyway, he's in year 10 and he came home from school yesterday with an 'A' in one of his projects. To know that he's doing great at school makes me very happy.

I bought a takeaway curry yesterday evening.

IT was £9.99. But the bloke informs me I get a 10% discount for collection. I hand over a tenner, he gives me £8.99 change. To be honest, I was deep in my own thoughts about the gorgeous girl at work I now sit opposite, and didn't twig til I was halfway home, that I had a pocket full of shrapnel that I shouldn't have. So, thats a curry for £1.01p. And being a set meal for 1, it was so large I had half of it this evening. Thats about 50p a day. For that I got 2 papodoms, a tiny tub of mango chutney, a fuller tub of mint raita, 4 onion bhajis. A naan bread. A pillau rice, a veg dhansak, and a portion of sag aloo. And before you brummies complain, this is prime real estate Surrey prices.

That's cheered me up no end....

That tomorrow I'll be able to turn over my 'Aston Villa Legends Desk Calendar' to December and get to spend the Christmas period looking at Dwight Yorke's smiley happy face as opposed to November's Steve Staunton. This was a long, gruelling month

That tomorrow I'll be able to turn over my 'Aston Villa Legends Desk Calendar' to December and get to spend the Christmas period looking at Dwight Yorke's smiley happy face as opposed to November's Steve Staunton. This was a long, gruelling month

you got that calendar as well then?

I refused to participate in last years secret santa but someone included me any way and I got that

I mite just flip back and leave it on january after this

you got that calendar as well then?

I refused to participate in last years secret santa but someone included me any way and I got that

I mite just flip back and leave it on january after this

Yeah, good shout. It was gonna be downhill from God onwards really, they peaked too early

I bought a takeaway curry yesterday evening.

IT was £9.99. But the bloke informs me I get a 10% discount for collection. I hand over a tenner, he gives me £8.99 change. To be honest, I was deep in my own thoughts about the gorgeous girl at work I now sit opposite, and didn't twig til I was halfway home, that I had a pocket full of shrapnel that I shouldn't have. So, thats a curry for £1.01p. And being a set meal for 1, it was so large I had half of it this evening. Thats about 50p a day. For that I got 2 papodoms, a tiny tub of mango chutney, a fuller tub of mint raita, 4 onion bhajis. A naan bread. A pillau rice, a veg dhansak, and a portion of sag aloo. And before you brummies complain, this is prime real estate Surrey prices.

That's cheered me up no end....

the India gate on erdington high street was where I done all my wheeling and dealing

after a terrible day at work I decided I needed a pint or two to try and chill out so I walked over to the square peg, whilst supping on my stella I realised that I had enough money to get myself two or three pints and go hungry or enough to buy some dinner (my fridge was empty) and not have anything to drink. I then remembered about the india gate where I used to get treated like royalty (despite only ordering from there once every couple of weeks) so I went in ordered a curry na'an and rice which came to about £7 with my discount. The boss was talking to me and offered me a free pint...then another...and another...and another...and another

so for my £7 meal I got 5 free pints of cobra beer, worked out better than I expected as I normally only get two or free pints, maybe I had the look of someone who was completely broke

oh yeah the same thing happened to me last week as well at the german market

I had the steak burger thing (outside the villa shop) for £4 and then decided I was still hungry and got myself the 1/2 meter sausage thing £4.50, the bloke took my fiver didnt give me my change but gave me my token, I asked for my change and he appologised profusely and then gave me my own £5 note back

I didn't untill I actually went to put my change back in my wallet, at this point I realised that

1-they made something like £16,000,000 last year so wouldnt miss my £5

2-they bombed our chipshop so **** em

That tomorrow I'll be able to turn over my 'Aston Villa Legends Desk Calendar' to December and get to spend the Christmas period looking at Dwight Yorke's smiley happy face
Judas.

Â