Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If I'd still been working and I'd won the lottery, I'd have kept it quiet and carried on working for a while, but only to see how far I could get with increasingly mad behaviour, and telling bosses they were words removed, until they finally sacked me, at which point I would tell them to do one. 

Ha! I was discussing this at work the other day and I said the exact same thing.

Just come to work in my dressing gown and watch netflix and stuff. See how long I could get away with doing absolutely **** all :D

Yeah, that's really sweet.

I wouldn't bother with my job though, at my place nobody notices if I go for a dump for an hour.

I've just had a sad realisation. They probably do notice I've gone but they're quite happy about it so they just stay quiet.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If I'd still been working and I'd won the lottery, I'd have kept it quiet and carried on working for a while, but only to see how far I could get with increasingly mad behaviour, and telling bosses they were words removed, until they finally sacked me, at which point I would tell them to do one. 

I like the plan. The only problem I have is that most people I work with would probably struggle to detect the change in my behavior 

lottery win I would go in, clear the history on my internet, do a proper handover, make sure projects were sorted and colleagues werent left in the shit, then head out for a drink with them all. I like the people I work with, wouldnt want to see them fail.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

lottery win I would go in, clear the history on my internet, do a proper handover, make sure projects were sorted and colleagues werent left in the shit, then head out for a drink with them all. I like the people I work with, wouldnt want to see them fail.

In reality, this is probably what I would do.

But I still think about the other scenario and chuckle to myself. I'd never have the bottle to do it though!

Sometimes I think how amazing it would be to not have to worry about money and stuff when you win the lottery. 

But it would also change your life so much, I think you'd lose friends because you'd want to do X, Y and Z and the dirty peasants couldn't afford it.  You'd want to have champagne at their shitty, little houses and all's they'd offer you is Asti or Prosecco or some other cheap shit. 

And if you needed to get to somewhere classy, but wanted to have a drink and you asked your peasant friends for a lift, you'd have to get into their grotty cars with their Mars bar wrappers around my favorite shoes and my nice smelling aftershave would be overwhelmed by those trampy free air fresheners you get when you go through a cheapo car wash.. probably foreigners.. ewww, get away from me.

Sorry, got carried away there.

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Sometimes I think how amazing it would be to not have to worry about money and stuff when you win the lottery. 

But it would also change your life so much, I think you'd lose friends because you'd want to do X, Y and Z and the dirty peasants couldn't afford it.  You'd want to have champagne at their shitty, little houses and all's they'd offer you is Asti or Prosecco or some other cheap shit. 

And if you needed to get to somewhere classy, but wanted to have a drink and you asked your peasant friends for a lift, you'd have to get into their grotty cars with their Mars bar wrappers around my favorite shoes and my nice smelling aftershave would be overwhelmed by those trampy free air fresheners you get when you go through a cheapo car wash.. probably foreigners.. ewww, get away from me.

Actually I never leave wrappers in my car, sooo...

Plus I never offer you prosecco, far too posh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'd go on long term sick  and move into a huge house and then wait for a home visit from work. They send senior managers to your house to see how you are, I'd be sipping cocktails whilst sitting next to my swimming pool :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

A woman on a till at Tesco was doing her, if only I could win the Lottery speech, and I said, 'But you would lose all your friends!.

She came back with: 'I would buy some new ones!'. :)

15 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

8 out of 10 cats does countdown on more 4 right now .....

Do you have this as a timed post, so it just posts every week at the same time? :)

• Like 3

It's not just limited to Rachel Riley or when Dent's showing a bit of cleavage, he'll make sure we know every time a relatively sexually attractive female enters his field of vision.

I don't know why he's protesting so much and won't just admit he's a big ol' ghey ;)

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

The language of baseball.

"(Boxberger) is going to get plenty of opportunities in the ninth inning," Cash said. "I don't know if it's the right thing to do to stick him in a 2-1 ball game the first time he comes out. If we can work him into some outings a little bit lower leverage, that would be ideal."

• Like 1

Â