Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On May 28, 2016 at 18:35, mjmooney said:

My mate Ian's aged mother, photographed in a pub in Sheffield this afternoon. With Sean Bean. 

This just made my weekend

• Like 1

On May 28, 2016 at 18:35, mjmooney said:

My mate Ian's aged mother, photographed in a pub in Sheffield this afternoon. With Sean Bean. 

FB_IMG_1464474793923.jpg

WTF kind of pub is that by the way, it looks like a cannabis growing operation...

17 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Drinking a cold beer in the garden after the lawn and hedges have all been sorted out. 

Sometimes it really is the little things :)

That was me on Saturday and as a double bubble bonus the wife and kids were out 

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

WTF kind of pub is that by the way, it looks like a cannabis growing operation...

God knows, I thought the same. He got sent the pic Saturday afternoon while we were at a BBQ in Leeds. His mum was out with his brother in Sheffield. They are all Sheffield Utd fans, and Wednesday were losing at Wembley in the playoff - which probably explains why SB looks so happy.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

The beauty of VillaTalk is that you can go back years and years in the "Things That Piss You Off" thread and read a few pages you may have missed at the time, and it's funny as ****. 

Some funny characters on this here thing of ours :D

I noticed (or rather tapatalk noticed) you liking a post of mine from 2012.  I was wondering what in the hell you were doing going back there :D 

• Like 2

I'm moving into a new apartment in a couple of weeks. Good deal on rent, but the place has grubby industrial looking carpeting. I floated the idea of ripping it up and installing some laminate wood flooring, suggesting they'd eventually save money on cleaning costs...miraculously they agreed to do it!

I was complimented tonight by someone who recognized (Sorry Tony) my Villa shirt. He was wearing a Boca shirt, and said he'd never seen a Villa shirt that old, lol. ('96 Reebok :lol:)

I really want to open up a bar here that is all about Footy, Reggae, spicy food, good beer and wine selection, pool table, dart board, quiz night...A place for all people. 

People say never try to open a bar that you'd want to go to yourself.

I say **** that!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was complimented tonight by someone who recognized (Sorry Tony) my Villa shirt. He was wearing a Boca shirt, and said he'd never seen a Villa shirt that old, lol. ('96 Reebok :lol:)

I really want to open up a bar here that is all about Footy, Reggae, spicy food, good beer and wine selection, pool table, dart board, quiz night...A place for all people.

People say never try to open a bar that you'd want to go to yourself.

I say **** that!

If you could open up that bar near where I live, I'd be in there every night. My poor liver!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Playing Vinyl records I haven't heard or played for ages, because I hadn't got a turntable.

Got mine down from the loft a couple of months ago. Made me realise I bought some truly awful records in the 80's. Howard Jones does not stand the test of time. I LOVED reaquainting myself with my Ultravox albums though and although I have a lot of Blondie on CD some brilliant album tracks which I had almost forgotten about made me very happy. 

Giant ants from space
Snuff the human race
Then they eat your face
Never leave a trace
La la, la la la, la la, la la la, la la, la la la

• Like 1

I biked about 20 miles today. I've crossed a threshold of fitness this week, and it's great. I don't fatigue on long inclines, that kind of thing. Really loving riding my bike lately, more than usual. I might have to invest in a proper good bike instead of the street bike I dick around on. 

• Like 1

Â