Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sorry for being totally ignorant, but what is the UK honors system?

Twice a year the government gives out a number of honours, knighthoods, obe's, damehoods etc to the great and good. Its dressed up as coming from the queen but its not. Some of them are deserved, a lollipop lady who ran 10 marathons for charity. Some are to reward cronies of the government that have helped them out, some are celeberities that have done **** all, and some get rewarded for literally doing their job. I despise it, it boils my blood to a ridiculous level. More than cyclists, more than people that describe their job as full time mummy, more than people in cars that dont give the in car wave after you have let them out. 

• Like 3

CjFbOBVXAAAtZQr.jpg

Sikh bikers riding to commemorate the anniversary of Lee Rigby's murder. Hopefully the ignorant racists will have taken note of this and understand that they aren't an enemy.

In my office;

Went to the loo, noticed there was only one woman sitting in her area, so as I went passed, I said "pooo-eeeee! have you farted?!" - she looked blankly at me as I went through the door, then she laughed as it closed.

Then, when I got back to my desk, the woman I sit opposite, I said "Have you finished that report yet?"

It looked like she died a little.  "What report!?"

me "You know, that report you were going to give to *insert directors name* today"

her "WHAT REPORT!?" *minor heart attack imminent*

me "I dunno, people just ask about reports in offices don't they?"

She's still shaking. :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

In my office;

Went to the loo, noticed there was only one woman sitting in her area, so as I went passed, I said "pooo-eeeee! have you farted?!" - she looked blankly at me as I went through the door, then she laughed as it closed.

Then, when I got back to my desk, the woman I sit opposite, I said "Have you finished that report yet?"

me "You know, that report you were going to give to *insert directors name* today"

I bet they all love you :lol:

• Like 2

On 22/05/2016 at 07:53, Seat68 said:

I despise it, it boils my blood to a ridiculous level. More than cyclists

Now you have gone too far. No one deserves to be despised more than cyclists 

This couldn't be much more petty minded but it genuinely put a really big grin across my face when the e-mail came in:

We were stiffed on a tender for some work. We put a lot of resource in to helping a project management company win a project and then they gave us the kiss off and announced they'd be doing it in house.

Well they've right royally **** it all up. 

On 23/05/2016 at 15:14, lapal_fan said:

In my office;

Paul the Party Animal Parker?

Is it you?

• Like 3

When the European Cup was Stolen

It's European club football’s most prized asset, but a word of warning to the winning team's players, make sure you look after the trophy! That's because the strangest things can happen during post-match festivities. This is the story of how the European Cup was stolen from a pub as Aston Villa celebrated their 1982 victory as the BBC's Shari Vahl explains

Bus driver wins £6m on the lottery but went to work in the morning because he knew people relied on him. There's a knighthood right there. I have often thought if I won I would go in for a while so my colleagues don't get dumped on..... I really hope I am that kind of person but I really can't promise 

• Like 1

Â