Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 13/05/2016 at 09:17, AVFC_Hitz said:

The shop keeper had a VHS machine. Sony. Nicam stereo. Videoplus.

People forget how amazing videoplus was.

I am looking at one of those right now sitting under my v+ box, except it's a JVC. Can't remember the last time I used it though

You are right Videoplus was like black magic or something.  Totally revolutionary yet now seems like a stone age way of doing something.  Funny the things you know about that my kids will never know. It's a forgotten technology 

Apparently The Radio Times still had videoplus codes on their listings until recently I guess they stopped when the digital switchover completed 

• Like 2

On 12 May 2016 at 18:16, mjmooney said:

The year's first harvest of asparagus. Apparently nothing there, and then one day of sunshine, and - whoomph - loads of it, two feet high...

The Germans have a word for it - "spargelzeit". Asparagus time.

• Like 1

just got back from our annual stay at thomas land,drayton manor. had a great day yesterday and had breakfest with the fat controller this morning. my lad went on the ben 10 rollercoaster three times which surprised the **** out of me because no way would i have gone on that at his age,i was a right wimp. what i have noticed is how many geordies visit drayton manor.

5 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Winning this bet yesterday :)

Excellent, well done!

What you spending the winnings on? 

What a refreshingly honest answer!

As for the reporter. 7/10. WB

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

It's a bit rare and I have no idea why but this is my bar of choice. Cadbury tried to rival it with the vastly inferior time out bar

download.jpg

Edited by sidcow

haven't had a walnut whip in a very long time.

i've given up on most chocolate bars but i do love a twix (the extra big ones). i like to bite the ends off and use the twix as a straw to suck up tea. after a few seconds the biscuit and chocolate start to melt and that is when you shove the lot in your gob. heaven.

• Like 1

Â