Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

What would you say and think of me if I said I was walking home one morning from some girls house, it was about 6 in the morning. I'd had a skin full the night before but I'd had a few hours sleep and felt ok. I was walking down the main road and I saw this old lady come walking out of the park, she was walking up the main road away from me. I thought it was a bit strange as it was really early for an old lady to be coming out the park and something seemed weird. Anyway I gradually got closer to her, as she crossed the road I got this really weird feeling so I coughed really loud. She turned around and smiled at me, she had this plaster on the side of her face. She carried on walking so I decided to miss my turning down to my street and follow her instead. Down the road from me is a church/graveyard, I watched her walk up the steps into the church entrance and walk through one of the walls and vanish. I was absolutely shocked and freaked out. Then as I was stood there I saw a young ish lad come walking from the opposite way I had walked and he done the same, he just walked through the church walls and vanish. I was not high on drugs and I had been to sleep the night before. How can I or anyone explain that, some people may think its bullshit but I can assure you it is not. One or two other things I've saw but that's just an example of why I find it hard to believe there is nothing out there.

Ghosts only ever turn up in people's bedrooms or when there's one, maybe two people present.

They never show up in Tesco's or in a busy pub. They must be shy.

by the sound of it you think I'm lying ha. I'm just saying what I saw infront of my own eyes.

Ghosts only ever turn up in people's bedrooms or when there's one, maybe two people present.

They never show up in Tesco's or in a busy pub. They must be shy.

by the sound of it you think I'm lying ha. I'm just saying what I saw infront of my own eyes.

Nah, I was only joking, I don't think your lying. I just think there's usually a simpler explanation for these things rather than jumping to the conclusion that it was the spirit of a dead person.

I think we'd probably know by now and have scientific evidence if we were sharing the earth with spooks. IMO of course.

If there are more Chinese people in the world than any other nationality, then there must be more Chinese spirits. Do you have to learn how to speak Mandarin and Cantonese, to become a medium?

The best advice I can give to people who believe in the afterlife (apart from seek psychiatric help) is enjoy yourself now because this, literally is it.

• Like 1

why is it only humans that are privileged enough to have an afterlife?

where are all the animal spirits? 

They get recycled.

So next time you see some fat guy stuffing his face, he was probably a pig...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

The best advice I can give to people who believe in the afterlife (apart from seek psychiatric help) is enjoy yourself now because this, literally is it.

I bet you a drink it aint, if I'm right you can meet me in the afterlife bar and buy me a nice cold pint of carling. You know which bar I'm on about don't you? When you come through the golden gates and its three clouds down on your left. I'll make it easy for you to spot me, I'll be wearing a black sabbath t shirt and sat with henry.

It's a win-win really. If you're right and there is an after life, happy days, we'll all be reunited with our loved ones.

In the more likely event that we turn into worm food we're not going to know sod all about it anyway.

What would you say and think of me if I said I was walking home one morning from some girls house, it was about 6 in the morning. I'd had a skin full the night before but I'd had a few hours sleep and felt ok. I was walking down the main road and I saw this old lady come walking out of the park, she was walking up the main road away from me. I thought it was a bit strange as it was really early for an old lady to be coming out the park and something seemed weird. Anyway I gradually got closer to her, as she crossed the road I got this really weird feeling so I coughed really loud. She turned around and smiled at me, she had this plaster on the side of her face. She carried on walking so I decided to miss my turning down to my street and follow her instead. Down the road from me is a church/graveyard, I watched her walk up the steps into the church entrance and walk through one of the walls and vanish. I was absolutely shocked and freaked out. Then as I was stood there I saw a young ish lad come walking from the opposite way I had walked and he done the same, he just walked through the church walls and vanish. I was not high on drugs and I had been to sleep the night before. How can I or anyone explain that, some people may think its bullshit but I can assure you it is not. One or two other things I've saw but that's just an example of why I find it hard to believe there is nothing out there.

I would say there is a perfectly legitimate scientific explanation for what you saw.

I would say there is a perfectly legitimate scientific explanation for what you saw.

1.  it was about 6 in the morning

2.  I'd had a skin full the night before

3. I'd had a few hours sleep

4.  I find it hard to believe there is nothing out there

Added to which, habitual drug use can rewire your brain enough to have long term effects, not just from 'the night before'. 'Waking dreams' are not uncommon even in the totally 'straight' brain - but that's what they are, not some 'other world'. 

Edited by mjmooney

I would say there is a perfectly legitimate scientific explanation for

what you saw.

Yes..... Mushrooms....

It's a win-win really. If you're right and there is an after life, happy days, we'll all be reunited with our loved ones.

In the more likely event that we turn into worm food we're not going to know sod all about it anyway.

This is why I'll be cremated. No way am I letting my beautiful body rot away.

Â