Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Sitting in a sports bar in a college town across the bar from a kid in an Arsenal shirt hitting on a chick.

She asks about Arsenal and the kid says he became a fan when they won the European championship ten years ago and that he's suffered from then until Saturday with no trophies.

Coincidentally I'm wearing a replica of Villa's 82 kit, with "Champions of Europe" under the badge.

I pointed out that Arsenal have never won the European championship, unlike the Villa.

I will consider preventing this gentleman from getting any tonight a service to humanity.

Hang on! Talking about football, and having knowledge of trophies won etc, can get you laid in the States?! Getting me a ticket to America ASAP!

did you by any chance pick it up in MK on Saturday?

I had to take the kids there, I was sat outside getting some sun when Giancarlo Esposito walked past

we exchanged head nods, for some reason I felt elated

• Like 1

aye, true story

it was some sort of sci fi / sport / general celeb fest that the kids wanted to go to at the MK Stadium

he along with lots of others were inside signing autographs for twenty quid a pop and posing for photos at forty quid a smile

I was sat outside as I have a very low tolerance of accountants and i.t. technicians dressed as hobbits and robots

as it happened, the celeb guests also came outside for the occasional change of scenery or, in Jack Charlton's case, a crafty ciggie by the bins.

I didn't get any autographs or photo's or whatever but my mate (also taxi driving his kids to the event), got photo's with Chris Eubank, Frank Bruno and some old footballers I didn't recognise, Peters? Geoff Hurst maybe? Martin Selby and a bunch of others.

• Like 1

Who was that fit half cast bird that used to be in corrie?? She was an hairdresser. Anyway in the late 90s I went up to old trafford with the villa and she was in the city centre pub I was in. As you can imagine me and my mates were like flys around shit. Bloody hell I was really young then, it was our first game against utd since they had brought yorke off us. We lost 2.1 I think.

Who was that fit half cast bird that used to be in corrie?? She was an hairdresser. Anyway in the late 90s I went up to old trafford with the villa and she was in the city centre pub I was in. As you can imagine me and my mates were like flys around shit. Bloody hell I was really young then, it was our first game against utd since they had brought yorke off us. We lost 2.1 I think.

Her?

griffin_396x222.jpg

Â