Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It was once sold to me as a place to go for an all day piss up.

Funny you say that as that's exactly why I have tickets for England v India and England v Sri Lanka in the summer :)

My housemate who works away a lot unexpectedly came home yesterday (I thought he was away for another 3 weeks), so we ended up getting bad pissed last night. To top that, it turns our mate who lives in Belfast is back for the weekend, and will be out tonight. Good times to be had.  

me too.

"You should go to a 20 20 game. Loads of birds there and you can just drink beer"

My response was that I can drink beer, look at girls and not pay to get in at a normal pub. And you know what the best thing about doing it at a pub is?

You don't have to watch cricket while you're doing it.

• Like 4

Over the last two nights I finished some Uni coursework which I've been struggling to do over the last two weeks and is due in next Thursday :D

It took me ages as I had to design 26 individual parts from scratch, assemble them all together and try make it look somewhat bicycle-ish, and then finally create an annotated drawing of both my most complex part and the final assembly, all in 3D modelling software. Doesn't sound much but it took me bloody hours.

It's only cheered me up for tonight though, as I have a test on Tuesday I need to revise for and then 4 weeks to prepare for my finals  <_<

• Like 1

me too.

"You should go to a 20 20 game. Loads of birds there and you can just drink beer"

My response was that I can drink beer, look at girls and not pay to get in at a normal pub. And you know what the best thing about doing it at a pub is?

You don't have to watch cricket while you're doing it.

This is what was said to me, cheerleaders or something, still didnt go.

Finally filtered my topics and the cricket thread has vanished!  :D

I have nearly 30,000 posts, and I didn't even know that was possible! How do you do it? 

Ah yes, I looked at that, wasn't quite what I was thinking. 

Was kind of hoping you could just select a thread and mark it as 'ignore', or some such. 

Better than nothing, I suppose. 

Edited by mjmooney

The look on a scouser's face when you tell them you can't stand Liverpool and hope they don't win the league.

One of the plastic Scousers at my work seems to think that everyone wants them to win the league. I told him the only good thing about them winning it, would mean that the rest of the country could go back to hating them like we did in the 80s.

• Like 2

The look on a scouser's face when you tell them you can't stand Liverpool and hope they don't win the league.

One of the plastic Scousers at my work seems to think that everyone wants them to win the league. I told him the only good thing about them winning it, would mean that the rest of the country could go back to hating them like we did in the 80s.

Hence my original post. Had some redscouse absolutely incredulous that I didn't want them to win the league. A concept he just couldn't get his head around. Tempted to rekindle the debate so I can finish him off using your (excellent) reasoning skills.

• Like 2

brilliant day, and if I'honest, had a few beers too many. But my sons under 11's Rugby. The RFU don;t let us play leagues yest, so its all friendlies. But at the end of the season we have Festivals, where loads of teams get together and have sort of a cup all in one day. Play some group games, then semi's and a final. We won. My son is a forward. Made some massive hits, scored 2 tries, Got a winners medal, and player of the tournament. 

The best part for me, well 3 really. A 25 metre run, not like the backs on the wing. Straight through the middle, knocking kids out of the way, then a perfect offload to our winger to score. 

Second one, were holding on to a 2 try to nil lead in the semi when there is a maul by them right close to our line, our forwards drive their forwards into touch. Young Ollie waiting in the lineout screams, come one boys we are brilliant, lifted everyone. 

Then defending our line in the last minute of the final, he drives their biggest lad back 5 yards, we recover the ball and boot it in to touch, game over

• Like 1

Â