Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just seen Villa advertising their onesies. Reminded me of the first time I saw a bloke wearing one, at an airport. The following conversation ensued, conducted solely through the medium of eye contact:

Me: Dude, what the actual **** are you wearing?

Bloke: It's a onesie you old git. People are wearing them these days. At least I think they are...hope they are.

Reminds me of this cool chap  :rolleyes:

466335317.jpg

He should have worn the wig that goes with that costume

premium-beetlejuice-costume-including-wi

• Like 3

You stalking me again???

Haha I don't know what more I can do after the Stoke game though.

Before the game outside the Holte Suite as you strode along looking like a Western Cowboy Hero, I stood still, smiled and waved and you strode right past :)

I thought you nodded at me just out of politeness but maybe not? :(and don't say you don't do anything out of politeness.

I didn't see ya. You can't be that big

No matter how bored at work, VT cricket thread always remains in bold.

You're missing out. How do you think England's batsmen will cope with Laith Malinga this afternoon?

I am not exaggerating this, my knowledge of cricket is so poor, primarily due to disinterest, but I learned the rules last year due to colleagues hoping to engage me in talk of it. I also learned that Shane Warne wasn't off the xfactor. I know zero, I glaze over when its mentioned on the news. Any cricketer whatsoever is my Thom Yorke.

golf!

always hated the idea of golf and the golf clubhouse and all that

Then a few years ago my boss sort of tipped me off that to progress any further I had to do the dirty deed and get into golf and network (the exact reason I didn't like it). Anyway, he used it as an excuse to 'donate' me a decent set of clubs so he could spend stupid money on an even better set. So, I now had 'all the gear, no idea'.  I had a few lessons, did a couple of 9 hole courses, did some evening driving range stuff, even had sunday lunch 'at the club'.

Hated it. Hated it with a passion.

So I sold the clubs and invested the money in beer and music.

A couple of months later with our annual golf day approaching the boss asks me how I'm getting on and if I'll join a team. 'oh I gave it up, didn't enjoy it, so I packed it in again, sorry'. That's alright Chris, can I have those clubs back that I lent you..........

• Like 2

I like golf.

I'm not into it big time like being a member of a club and all that posh bollocks.

But as a game to wander around on a nice day and play with your mates it's fun

No matter how bored at work, VT cricket thread always remains in bold.

Same.

Worst sport in the world.

So we get this email today (we're a fairly small company in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland) from this lad asking the boss about our logo & how he needs it. So I take no notice about a half hour later the boss, who's 60 and not great with a computer calls me into the office. He has a second house in Dublin and goes there every second weekend and plays a lot of tennis. So, into the office I go turns out a few years back he sponsored one the younger lads at his tennis club with a nice few euro, that guy is now Ireland's number one double tennis player (153 in world) and he's off to the Davis Cup, he needs our logo as it's going to go on his arm of his sleeve for the Davis cup. So I had to mock something simple up, but now my first ever logo will be on display at The Davis Cup - take that Designer :P

I worked a few months in the Fitzwilliam lawn tennis club ...nice place

I wish I could play golf.  I'm the only male in the world that can't pick up a golf club and after about 10 attempts, hit the ball for miles.

Oh no you're not.  :wave:

Edited by mjmooney

I wish I could play golf.  I'm the only male in the world that can't pick up a golf club and after about 10 attempts, hit the ball for miles.

I think Wainy is vastly underestimating how difficult golf is.

There's PLENTY of blokes who can't hit a golf ball for miles after "about 10 attempts"

Hell I know blokes who have been playing for years and still struggle ;)

I think Wainy is vastly underestimating how difficult golf is.

There's PLENTY of blokes who can't hit a golf ball for miles after "about 10 attempts"

Hell I know blokes who have been playing for years and still struggle ;)

Yeah but I can't even make it go off the floor!

With regard to my post on the previous page, I ought to clarify that likes will only be given for saying bad things about the game of golf itself, rather than for declaring an inability to play the game competently. Anyone can be rubbish at it, but only the best people despise it.

• Like 1

Â