Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Christ you guys. Who'd be a footballer, at least they earn all that money eh. 

Apart from the mistake does he deserve all that stick? I don't think so. Funny to look at Bennett who's looked one of our better players the last few games after all the shortsighted abuse he got along the lines of the dumbass comments on here.

Apart from the mistake he played well. 

Apart from the mistake, giving a stupid free kick away in a dangerous position, and a misplaced pass, which he luckily got away with in the 2nd half..........

woeful, woeful, player......His arm hugging was highlighted on national tv a few weeks back.....he still does it.......easy to see why he hasn't progressed in 3 years .....he just doesn't learn

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete and utter shit.  

The stupidest player i have ever seen, not named Joe Bennett of course.  No wonder we are going down with morons like this playing for us.

Quality display. Future Villa captain and England CH. Haven't seen a 20 yo CB play with that maturity ever.

Post from 2 years ago. With all due respect to the OP, this makes me  :lol:

He did get the captaincy part right though!

Edited by maqroll

He turned, He slipped, He fell. He's young, he'll learn by this and improve as  a player.
Ufortantly we can't afford this kinds of mistakes. Fair subject to critique, but some of the comments posted on here are pathethic.

• Like 1

He turned, He slipped, He fell. He's young, he'll learn by this and improve as  a player.

Ufortantly we can't afford this kinds of mistakes. Fair subject to critique, but some of the comments posted on here are pathethic.

think the problem is this is not a once off and doesnt look like he is learning at all

• Like 1

I was about to post about this learning from his mistakes bs but i see someone beat me too it, he just isnt learning from it and at the moment baker is way better along. It a shame vlaar is a sicknote because he and baker are by far our best cb's

What happened tonight epitomizes Villa at the moment in my eyes.. Way too much naivety & inexperience which will cost us regardless of who we are playing against as evidenced by losses to Championship teams, 4th tier teams, Wigan, Southampton, Newcastle + the dropping of points when in a winning position etc etc etc

The problem for me is that simple & there is no quick fix for it. Experience comes with time nothing else & that for me is why we will most likely go down sadly. No matter what Paul Lambert or anybody else does you simply cannot teach experience.

We now need a 100% improvement in the points per game average compared to the first 2/3 of the season to survive.. I just cannot see that happening.

I was about to post about this learning from his mistakes bs but i see someone beat me too it, he just isnt learning from it and at the moment baker is way better along. It a shame vlaar is a sicknote because he and baker are by far our best cb's

Did you really have to call my post bullshit(bs) first in order to share your opinion?

I agree with you that Vlaar and Baker is the better pairing, no doubt. I rate Baker highly, higher then Clark. But they're two diffrent types of players. The new and old breed of defenders if you'd like.

The what you call "learning from his mistakes bs" is something I firmly believe in though. If you expect a player to learn from his mistake after comitting it only once you're ignorant(just as you might call me ignorant for not accepting that some players won't learn).

It takes time(yes, I know we don't have time). It's trial and error, over and over again. Learning from one mistake doesn't mean you'll sort out any types of mistakes from your game either. 

Making a mistake in defence is very costly, and  a lot more noticable. I've seen far more experienced and better players then Ciaran Clarck do similar types of mistakes(or worse) before. I think he'll become a good modern day defender in a year or two.

He is what 23 years how is he young?? Baker is more inexperienced than him

And I don't see him thinking he is he messi. It's his fault we lost and his alone he was a idiot. Suicidal defending. In a way I'm kind of glad lambo blasted the goal

He is what 23 years how is he young?? Baker is more inexperienced than him

And I don't see him thinking he is he messi. It's his fault we lost and his alone he was a idiot. Suicidal defending. In a way I'm kind of glad lambo blasted the goal

Christ you guys. Who'd be a footballer, at least they earn all that money eh.

Apart from the mistake does he deserve all that stick? I don't think so. Funny to look at Bennett who's looked one of our better players the last few games after all the shortsighted abuse he got along the lines of the dumbass comments on here.

Apart from the mistake he played well.

Apart from the mistake, giving a stupid free kick away in a dangerous position, and a misplaced pass, which he luckily got away with in the 2nd half..........

woeful, woeful, player......His arm hugging was highlighted on national tv a few weeks back.....he still does it.......easy to see why he hasn't progressed in 3 years .....he just doesn't learn

If you're gonna mention every single 'mistake' then you should name all 22 players and the ref. The original point being made was that Clark made one costly mistake, which unfortunately caused the loss. But other than that he wasn't dreadful. If it wasn't for his slip, then he would have been part of our defence keeping a clean sheet against the current champions.

Some of the comments from last night are pathetic. Total over reaction.

• Like 1

Does not deserve to be captain

I'm struggling to see how he's done anything this season to warrant being captain. Gabby should be captain.

Clark shouldn't be captain but neither should Gabby. His spell as interim captain at the end of last season showed he's not up to the job. When Vlaar is out I'd give the captaincy to Guzan.

Some of the comments from last night are pathetic. Total over reaction.

Are you surprised?

I actually am, just because of the amount of people jumping on his back after one silly mistake. Although I should have expected it. At the game, after we conceded, some fans actually booed Clark's next touch of the ball!

Â