Eric Lichaj

Rob182

I like Lichaj he will give you his all and seems a good lad but he is not good enough for the team sadly

I really don't understand this. Lichaj always comes in and does a good job but then is dropped for no real reason. I cant remember a bad match from Lichaj. The fact that Bennett consistently starts while Lichaj sits on the bench is beyond me. Bennett has one good match every four. 

I like Lichaj he will give you his all and seems a good lad but he is not good enough for the team sadly

I really don't understand this. Lichaj always comes in and does a good job but then is dropped for no real reason. I cant remember a bad match from Lichaj. The fact that Bennett consistently starts while Lichaj sits on the bench is beyond me. Bennett has one good match every four. 

Lichaj is a right-sided player so not an obvious solution at LB. Also, Lichaj gives his all but doesn't really add anything noteworthy going forward

Bennett needs to bulk up and cut out the silly fouls but he is a real asset going forward - I think he will look a different player next season

Dunno hes had a couple of stinkers. - to be fair he did ok when he came on  Saturday.

In general our dithering waiting to see if young players are good enough, has held us back in recent years. We need to make up our minds quicker and grab any offers that come in. 

All of these won't make it in my opinion

Herd, Clark, Lichaj, Albrighton, Delfonso, Bannan. Obviously some will need to remain as squad players - but I would be listening to offers for all of those

Dunno hes had a couple of stinkers. - to be fair he did ok when he came on  Saturday.

In general our dithering waiting to see if young players are good enough, has held us back in recent years. We need to make up our minds quicker and grab any offers that come in. 

All of these won't make it in my opinion

Herd, Clark, Lichaj, Albrighton, Delfonso, Bannan. Obviously some will need to remain as squad players - but I would be listening to offers for all of those

I genuinely think we held on to the young players because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to put out a full team. It's been the threadbare state of our squad that led to this. Hopefully now Lambert can instill some wage balance and get some strength in depth where everyone is earning their wages. 

I think Licaj will feel a bit hard done by if he gets released this year.

He's not great, but he's been reasonably solid most of his first team appearances.

Better than Bennett, Clark and Stevens can say.

I think Licaj will feel a bit hard done by if he gets released this year.

He's not great, but he's been reasonably solid most of his first team appearances.

Better than Bennett, Clark and Stevens can say.

Agreed. A prime example of a useful and solid squad player.

Don't get me wrong, if he wants to stay as back up to Lowton I'd be perfectly happy with that but I doubt that he will be so I expect him to move on.

As it stands, I think he's the best left back we've got.

Â