Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jol wont come. El Hamdaoui and Mido transferred both to Ajax, both because of Jol. He would be really dirty if he leaves now lol. Do you really want to go Dutch? Hmm let me see. Ronald and Erwin Koeman are both without team ;) Ten Cate and Adriaanse are both in Asia. I didnt like Henk ten Cate much, but he did good at Chelsea right? Adriaanse is just Van Gaal only then more rude heheh... but damn good with young guys! And a good scout. Advocaat and Hiddink are betrayers, but dont think they will leave this soon. They just started at Russia and Turkey. Van Gaal only will leave Bayern for a national team, van Marwijk stays at the Dutch team I guess. Rijkaard perhaps? I have no clue how he is doing, somehow I think he wouldnt mind leave Galatasaray hmmm.

If Aston Villa has a very young team I would pick Adriaanse, is Aston Villa has many star players I would pick Rijkaard. If its in between I wouldnt pick any of these guys ;)

Bobby is not ready for this league.

He will sign his son and start him every game no matter how shit he is.

And an American owner and a American manager, that would be too much.

How so pal?

I'm sure you've mentioned many a time before but there's just too many pages in these topics now but how happy are you MON's gone and who would you like to be the successor?

Jol wont come. El Hamdaoui and Mido transferred both to Ajax, both because of Jol. He would be really dirty if he leaves now lol. Do you really want to go Dutch? Hmm let me see. Ronald and Erwin Koeman are both without team ;) Ten Cate and Adriaanse are both in Asia. I didnt like Henk ten Cate much, but he did good at Chelsea right? Adriaanse is just Van Gaal only then more rude heheh... but damn good with young guys! And a good scout. Advocaat and Hiddink are betrayers, but dont think they will leave this soon. They just started at Russia and Turkey. Van Gaal only will leave Bayern for a national team, van Marwijk stays at the Dutch team I guess. Rijkaard perhaps? I have no clue how he is doing, somehow I think he wouldnt mind leave Galatasaray hmmm.

If Aston Villa has a very young team I would pick Adriaanse, is Aston Villa has many star players I would pick Rijkaard. If its in between I wouldnt pick any of these guys ;)

If Koeman ever came :bang:

After reading that from Jurgen Klinsmen I would really like to see him given a chance.

You have to love germans and their philosophical approach to things. Right across the board they are forward thinking and I really would like to see us adapt to this train of thought.

Plus germany have an abundance of talent, and talent that would fit right into the premiership, having such a legend would do no harm in attracting such players.

The futures bright, the futures german!

Bobby is not ready for this league.

He will sign his son and start him every game no matter how shit he is.

And an American owner and a American manager, that would be too much.

How so pal?

I'm sure you've mentioned many a time before but there's just too many pages in these topics now but how happy are you MON's gone and who would you like to be the successor?

Don't care so much who the successor is,but of course the are some you rather want than others, I want Marcelo Bielsa 8)

My biggest worry for the new manager is this - The Villa fans!

MON set a very high standard for the last 3 years and it is asking a lot for a new man to come in and raise the bar or even reach it for at least a couple of seasons. The players, staff and new management team will all need time to gel and get used to working together and our fans are not exactly the most patient. And with MON seemingly having a strong, hardcore following on here, I can see them soon getting on the new managers back as soon as we suffer a couple of poor results.

I sincerely hope that the above doesn't happen but you can almost sense with some that they are just waiting for the earliest opportunity to get at the board and the best way to do that is criticise the new manager. I will back whoever comes in. I liked O'Neill and am grateful for what he did with us but I sometimes found him a bit one-dimensional and it didn't bother me one bit that he went.

I am actually looking forward to the season more now than I was before MON left. It might be a strange thing to say but at least we have something different to look forward to, even if it means we might lose a few more and finish in a lower league position. We just need to give the new people time to do their work and give them chance to settle down and introduce their style and players into the team.

Klinsmann may not be very experienced as a manager but he knows a lot about the game and I agree with the earlier post about him being a modern style manager, as opposed to the old school type that MON was. He talks very well about the game and I am sure that he would bring a more technical approach to Villa and I would be grateful to see that.

Just spoke with my mate in the US and - naturally - the talk is of the US Coach.

He reckons he's a great man manager but would be out of his depth in the Premier League. The only way it could possibly work is with a Director of Football as he knows little of European football.

No thanks

Jesus no.
Zola had an excellent first season with West Ham which everybody just seems to forget, granted he had a poor second year, but he's shown he can get his teams playing well, and playing good football.

Jesus no.
Zola had an excellent first season with West Ham which everybody just seems to forget, granted he had a poor second year, but he's shown he can get his teams playing well, and playing good football.

One good season, one awful season. Some questionable signings. Hardly a resounding endorsement.

I am probably in a very small minority but Zola and Clarke would do for me.

http://tinyurl.com/Zola-for-Villa

Willy, you may be in the minority along with me, but you're not daft. We need to utilise 25 players plus young players next season. Zola and Clarke are perfect for us.

Zola and Moyes are far and away the best managers for integrating young players.

Zola and Clarke are the best combination of attack and defence coaches. Zola would enhance the Villa image and improve the quality of football. What's not to like?