Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Jol has 2 years to run on his deal with Ajax, whereas Rijkaard is entering the final year of his contract with Galatasaray.

Ajax are in the Champs Lge this season, whereas Galatasaray are in the Europa - I think entering at the same stage as us. Galatasaray's squad boasts Harry Kewell, Lucas Neill and Elano - and that's about it.

Go Dutch, but not Jol.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on SSN. They wouldn't stop taking bets yet surely, 2 days after MON walks out, there's no way the deal could be struck that quickly.

MON was on a 1-year rolling contract. He joined us on the 4th August 2006.

Chances are he resigned on the 4th of this month

Rikjaard would be a brilliant shout also! The kind of profile we need, I see nothing wrong with Sven apart from the fact that he looks like the creepy old guy from Family guy. I don't know how to post pics someone please do it!

Rumour has it Mark Hughes could be a shock choice. Was 50-1 yesterday and now 12-1. Stranger things have happened I guess. Don't think after getting shafted by City he would do the same to Fulham though. Not that I want him anyway.

It's kind of worrying that there seems to be some movement on this amongst the bookies. I'd be quite disappointed in getting Sven, but like anyone else I'd give him a chance. After all, he did bring in some pretty decent players to Man City in his single year there, and took them into Europe.

Sven is a proven club manager who can handle some of the bigger names we have at them moment. I don't think he will necessarily take us into the top 4 but in the short to medium term he seems the best choice*

I think we'll play some decent stuff under Sven and he will have a stabilising influence on the club. The players will relish playing under him after the stricter regime of O'Neill.

More relieved that it looks like it wont be Bradley, Curbishley or Southgate

*(discounting Jol. By all accounts Jol only flirted with Fulham to gain more control of transfers at Ajax. He's got his way so is staying for the time being)