Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Odds are calculated with many factors, the biggest being the calculated return/risk to the bookie...so the more people bet on that winning the lower the odds are made.

When you get news papers reporting someone like Sven who's agent when asked says "he would take the villa job" then this makes the news and people believe that to be the next manager. Based on those quotes only I have been ribbed by untold amounts of poeple that he is giong to be our next manager.

The point I'm making is take odds with a pinch of salt, purely that article that says nothing about Sven being our next manager other than he would take the job if it was offered. An article like this is going to massively change the odds as many people will take a punt on betting hes the next manager, it says nothing about the fact AVFC havnt even hinted on they maybe even considering to offer the job to Sven.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having a go at all but over the last couple of years your posts have suggested to me you'd be delighted for O'Neill to go.

Surely you must see a positive chance in a replacement, no? Assuming it's not some absolute clown.

It's the safe bet on a football forum. Most managers fail which is why so many leave their job each year. You'll find these posters never offer concrete, realistic alternatives.

everton fans are bricking it about moyes and getting really paranoid about it at the minute

No chance of getting Moyes. He only just signed a new 5 year contract. He would cost about £10m in compo.

Odds are calculated with many factors, the biggest being the calculated return/risk to the bookie...so the more people bet on that winning the lower the odds are made.

When you get news papers reporting someone like Sven who's agent when asked says "he would take the villa job" then this makes the news and people believe that to be the next manager. Based on those quotes only I have been ribbed by untold amounts of poeple that he is giong to be our next manager.

The point I'm making is take odds with a pinch of salt, purely that article that says nothing about Sven being our next manager other than he would take the job if it was offered. An article like this is going to massively change the odds as many people will take a punt on betting hes the next manager, it says nothing about the fact AVFC havnt even hinted on they maybe even considering to offer the job to Sven.

It would be easy to take it with a pinch of salt, if it wasn't for the fact that when I went to work, Sven was 8/1 with Skybet. I've come home and it's now 4/5. And as far as I can see, there's no media story that has come out to justify the increased betting activity.

What have people got against Sven, he has by far a better managerial record than MON had, ditto Jol, Hughes, Klinsmann, Curbishley and the other so called candidates.

With Gothenburg he won the Swedish Cup twice, the league once and the UEFA Cup once.

With Benfica he won the Portuguese league 3 times, the Portuguese Cup once and took them to the final of both the European and UEFA cups.

With Lazio he won the Italian league once, the Italian Cup twice, the UEFA Cup winners Cup and Super Cup once and took them to the final of the UEFA Cup.

With Sampdoria and Roma he won the Italian Cup.

So he's won 15 trophies in his club managerial career (18 if you include the Italian and Portuguese Super Cups), he's taken 3 different teams to 6 European finals winning 3 of them. He's won a treble with Gothenburg, won a domestic double with Benfica a year later (narrowly missing out on a treble) and also won a domestic double with Lazio, he remains the only manager to win doubles in 3 different countries.

It could even be argued his tenure at Citeh wasn't a total disaster, he gave them a double over United and their joint highest points finish in the Premiership, if it hadn't been for that meddling Thai nutter who owned them at the time, I'm sure he'd have done better.

I personally think with all his experience and contacts, he's by far the best candidate to manage our great club.

What have people got against Sven, he has by far a better managerial record than MON had, ditto Jol, Hughes, Klinsmann, Curbishley and the other so called candidates.

With Gothenburg he won the Swedish Cup twice, the league once and the UEFA Cup once.

With Benfica he won the Portuguese league 3 times, the Portuguese Cup once and took them to the final of both the European and UEFA cups.

With Lazio he won the Italian league once, the Italian Cup twice, the UEFA Cup winners Cup and Super Cup once and took them to the final of the UEFA Cup.

With Sampdoria and Roma he won the Italian Cup.

So he's won 15 trophies in his club managerial career (18 if you include the Italian and Portuguese Super Cups), he's taken 3 different teams to 6 European finals winning 3 of them. He's won a treble with Gothenburg, won a domestic double with Benfica a year later (narrowly missing out on a treble) and also won a domestic double with Lazio, he remains the only manager to win doubles in 3 different countries.

It could even be argued his tenure at Citeh wasn't a total disaster, he gave them a double over United and their joint highest points finish in the Premiership, if it hadn't been for that meddling Thai nutter who owned them at the time, I'm sure he'd have done better.

I personally think with all his experience and contacts, he's by far the best candidate to manage our great club.

I think it's just the fact that he kind of looks like a paedophile.

For me, the remit next season is to

-Finish in the top 8

-Keep hold of our best players in January

-Play attractive football

I'm not expecting the new man to achieve great things but I think Sven can achieve these 3 main objectives

Bonus would be

-Have a good cup run

-Do the double over the scum

-Finish in the top 4

-Sign some exciting talent

Again, Sven would have a decent chance of achieving a couple of these