Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If he gets the managers job, What a bunch of first class ambition less rocket polishers they are,

Its took 3 weeks to find this prick! Fcuking joke.

The same rocket polishers that have pumped more than 100 million into AV.

Don't support them if you're going to call them stupid names for not being able to get the manager they want...I'm sure they wouldn't give a flying f**k if you didn't.

When i put 5k+ a year into the club i will say what i want, Good or bad!

I like others was hear before and will be long after so undersand this!..

PS... Shove that twater link up your poo pipe!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tinyurl.com/35wlmel

GERARD HOULLIER has the NFL to thank for his chance to return to the Premier League.

Randy Lerner’s plan to name the Frenchman as his new chief at Aston Villa has been inspired by his other side across the pond, Cleveland Browns.

American owner Lerner has been caught up in a ­managerial dilemma since Martin O’Neill walked out of Villa Park five days before the start of the season.

But he was in a similar ­situation with his Cleveland side last year as the club ­suffered a difficult start. His solution was to ­appoint ­experienced Mike Holmgren as club president and ­allow him to oversee team ­operations while Eric Mangini ­continued as head coach.

The set-up has shown signs of success and Lerner fancies testing out the policy in the Premier League.

Villa have not yet decided on a formal title for Houllier but Lerner has been hugely impressed by his credentials and director of football seems his most likely position.

He would take on a similar role to Holmgren, in that he will oversee all football ­operations including scouting, transfers and contracts.

And he would also play an ­advisory role to Kevin MacDonald over team ­selection and tactics.

Lerner believes the ­expertise of Houllier, who has a vast ­array of contacts, can boost Villa’s ­profile and also improve their ability to find affordable young talent abroad.

Lerner is also known for his loyalty which is why he wants to stick with MacDonald, who would take a hands-on ­approach to team ­matters and continue to ­develop the younger home-grown players.

The management duo should also be enough to ­convince top names at Villa, including Ashley Young, that the club still have high ambitions.

Houllier, 63, has also made it clear to Lerner he is happy to work with MacDonald.

The American is still wholly committed to Villa – and will release some transfer funds once it is clear where the squad needs improving in January.

Lerner also expects the club to challenge for sixth spot this season as part of his budgeting plan in the Midlands.

Houllier is speaking with his family about the move, which could be signed and sealed by Tuesday night.

Another key element in his decision comes following the fall-out from France’s World Cup disaster.

Houllier is Les Bleus’ technical ­director and has had to take some flak.

A shake-up of the France team seems ­imminent and he realises the time may be ­perfect to take on a new challenge.

I'm happy with the appointment of Houlier. He was one of the much better names mentioned. Could be really good for us. I don't get why this makes the board ambitionless?
Ok mate this is a fantastic apointment, gonna add about another 8,000 season ticket holders right? Dont mug yourself off, FFS i would rather take neil warnock or lambert than this clearing in the woods...

Who were you expecting? David Moyes? Martin Jol? At the end of the day Gerard is a manager who loves the game. A lot of pros have very good things to say about him. Liverpool never fell out of the top 5 under him in a full season charge, won a treble with them, came close to winning the title when they finished second, Lique 1 title in his 2 years with Lyon. He has experience in winning trophies in England and in Europe. Not to mention his contacts.

And I ain't mugging myself off chap! I'm optimistic that he can do a good job here.

Houlier is decent. Probably one of the best available managers we could have got. Should do well.
This. Would have liked Mourinho though.

It's hard to attract managers to Birmingham, although it's the second city, it's just got a bad rep by almost everyone who don't live in it.

Even people who live in Birmingham often slate it, I have to say myself, I've heard my voice/accent on the radio and I wish I never.

Although I agree with your point about the reputation of Birmingham, I don't believe Managers have to bleedin' live there as there is a lovely invention called the car!

If its Houllier, then like any manager he'll get my full support

It's hardly an inspiring choice though, and screams SHORT TERM due to his age. Which doesn't fit in with the building a dynasty line

But, hey ho. Onwards we go

He's only 2 years older than MON!

Martin O'Neill is 58. Gerard Houllier is 63. Thats 5 years.

Ah my bad - thought MON was turning 60. Houllier is actually 62 though.

Still, who gives a shit about age? 'Ol Fergie is still going strong and Houllier has been out of the management game for a while.

It kind of reminds me of an older but better version of MON (but without the saintly media reputation) coming here.

a really bizarre appointment in my opinion. i really expected a British manager and certainly wasnt expecting someone to take up a director of football role as seems likely.

having said that, i liked Houllier at Liverpool even though he may not have done the greatest of jobs there, wish him every success.