Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

gutted if true

I thought signing Harewood was a bad day for the club

then I thought Heskey was a new all time low point for the club

seems we are about to go lower still

may as well kept Doug in charge tbh

Who did you want as manager?

There's no easy answer to this question. I'm as underwhelmed as anyone but then I concede that apart from Jol, Hughes or Moyes, I wouldn't have been happy with too many others. A man who hasn't managed in the ever changing world of the Premiership, a man who hasn't managed for 3 years? We can't do better than that? I hope so. I'll support him if this is true though.

Who would you prefer - GH not my dream appointment (I would have liked Moyes or Jol but both already employed) but a good solid manager who has experience at the very highest level.

As I've stated Cas, I honestly don't know. I appreciate that this has been the very toughest of decisions for Randy and the board. I don't think the bloke can win with whoever he appoints apart from one of those I mentioned in my earlier post. If this appointment is true then I'll get behind GH.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houlier is nowhere near my 1st choice as his football is similar to MON but more successful.

He has won trophies at most of his clubs. People forget at Liverpool most of his potential signings were curtailed by Parry ineptness like having Ronaldo tied up for 4.3 million.

He would definitely keep us top 6 and raise our profile more than MON did

At the end of the day if the Managers the Club & supporters really wanted were not available then you have no choice but to look elsewhere.

Houllier has to be given a chance, it will be interesting to see what staff also join us, Steve Clarke who was number 2 to Mourinho at Chelsea is available also?

If it does not work out for both parties then Randy may look again at the end of the season.

I`m preety sure that if Alex Ferguson suddenly quit, Man Urinal wouldn`t be looking for his replacement from a list of the unemployed.

Sadly were not MU who could attract most managers. Why would Moyes move from Everton or Jol from Ajax? they would to MU but not to Villa

People on here need to be realistic - GH is a good appointment

I`m preety sure that if Alex Ferguson suddenly quit, Man Urinal wouldn`t be looking for his replacement from a list of the unemployed.

And I'm pretty sure Manchester United have the biggest fanbase in the world and one of the best squads in Europe and have dominated domestic football for nearly 20 years. We are not Manchester United. Theres hardly any manager in the world who'd turn down the chance to take over at United.

Then again isn't MON one of the faves to be next manager of Man U when Alex steps down. He's unemployed :D.

And I'm pretty sure Manchester United have the biggest fanbase in the world and one of the best squads in Europe and have dominated domestic football for nearly 20 years. We are not Manchester United. Theres hardly any manager in the world who'd turn down the chance to take over at United.

Then again isn't MON one of the faves to be next manager of Man U when Alex steps down. He's unemployed :D.

Calm down, i was only stating the obvious

gutted if true

I thought signing Harewood was a bad day for the club

then I thought Heskey was a new all time low point for the club

seems we are about to go lower still

may as well kept Doug in charge tbh

Who did you want as manager?

i would like to know this too.

I couldn't really give you a preference but I'd show some ambition ..

if we wanted Moyes and thought he was the man then money would talk and he could have been got .. money certainly talked for Barry and Milner didn't it .... all very noble not approaching someone at another club but our board seem happy enough to let Man City come in a knock off our best players so why do we have to play the chivalry card ..

Calm down, i was only stating the obvious

Well you never know, I've seen some pretty ridiculas comments on this thread :D .