Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Houllier is better than some we have been linked with but not as good as others. In many cases those better than him are already in employment

Who are the 'others' that you refer to? From the best of my knowledge , Bob Bradley , Gareth Southgate , Alan Curbishley, Jurgen Klinsmann and Roberto Donadel(self declared interest) were the only ones linked with Villa by the media. There was some speculation about McLeish , that's about it.

Don't think any of em would have been better than GH.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look it's completely vanished on Sky Sports News now. How long did that last then?

Still on the website....

What do you mean vanished? from the yellow ticker or the news in general like when it pops up at the bottom....

Bottom right bit and yellow ticker. They had the MON leaving ticker on for about 24 hours straight, this didn't last what, 5 seconds...

They mis-lead things too much.

Oh look it's completely vanished on Sky Sports News now. How long did that last then?

Still on the website....

What do you mean vanished? from the yellow ticker or the news in general like when it pops up at the bottom....

Bottom right bit and yellow ticker. They had the MON leaving ticker on for about 24 hours straight, this didn't last what, 5 seconds...

They mis-lead things too much.

In my opinion, little different.

These sources, probably right telling them Houllier to be appointed as manager in next 48 hours.......O'Neill simply left. That was much bigger and more shocking news.

Once Houllier is appointed, it'll stay on for longer but this is amazing breaking news to be fair!

Jason Mcateer is talking a load of shite there tbh. He knows nothing about MON. He wasn't hands on at all, he hardly ever took training. I think it could also be said last year we were more worried about not losing as opposed to trying to win all our games.

Well it is all a little underwhelming but the positives are potentially huge.

I think almost every person has had something negative to say about the current International scouting setup, or lack of one and at least Houllier would give us a basis for contact abroad, something we clearly need.

Liverpool didn't exactly set the world on fire under his stewardship but then they haven't for years.

He would be full of fresh ideas and we need something new, the beautiful game rarely features at VP and he does like teams to keep the ball.

Best of a media reported bad bunch? Perhaps so, but I'd have hunted him down myself if someone like Brown was the main candidate.

He has been out of the game for a while and some could say so has his transfer acumen, still we have a solid outfit and some gambles are definitely what we need, whether he is the one who could turn that into success only the board will decide, but lets hope Hitzfeld sees a few Villa players on Tuesday and fancies winning another European Cup.

I have to say I normally hate the Sunday supplement on SkySports, but they wasn't so harsh this week as they have been in other weeks.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606_6358853,00.html

McAteer is talking out of his arse. Martin O'Neill was not a hands on manager, or at all approachable. He even said himself that he didn't give a monkeys whether the players liked him or not and was well reputed for not getting involved in training.

I don't know how Houllier works, but I suspect he'll be a little more hands on with the tactical and technical side of the game.

Just asked on another forum with fans from other teams, message I've got is football is pretty boring, one dimensional, defensive manager and hard to beat. Signings a mix bag, at times he will find a gem like Hyppia or sign a Hamman, then other times, he will bring in a Diouf, Diao, Baros.

To be honest, anyone who got bored with O'Neill style of football could be on the verge of suicide by the sounds of what they have said as well as McAteer.

Jason Mcateer is talking a load of shite there tbh. He knows nothing about MON. He wasn't hands on at all, he hardly ever took training. I think it could also be said last year we were more worried about not losing as opposed to trying to win all our games.

Sorry Beasley that isn't the correct link, it was meant to be the Sunday Supplement.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/

Scroll down till you see "more shows", click that then click Sunday Supplement, click that then click the first video.

It doesn't let me link it for some reason.