Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redknapp was 62 last year... Forget about age. It's a non issue.

I'd have loved to have gotten Moyes. Mostly because of all the hype about him and it would have been as much of a coup and a statement of intent as when we got MON. Having said that, Houllier is an exciting signing aswell and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of a stamp he'll want to put on the team. My hope is that he won't be going for a complete overhaul of the squad like he did at Liverpool when he arrived, but has identified players he'd like to see at the club and players at the club he definitely sees in his side.

My concerns are that he has been applying for jobs for a while, but we're the only saps willing to give him a chance now. Hopefully he was waiting for a job like us before he threw his hat into the ring. My other concern is that Randy doesn't have a great reputation for picking managers. The Browns coaches from what I've heard haven't always been a success, but hopefully he has taken a lot of advice before making his decision.

I'd be so confident if it was Moyes, but Houllier is a wildcard. Could well be a very sharp appointment, or it'll go the other way. I'll reserve judgment til February 1st

a really bizarre appointment in my opinion. i really expected a British manager and certainly wasnt expecting someone to take up a director of football role as seems likely.

He will be manager. I can't see him accepting a DOF role after what happened with Roy Evans.

The General states in his threads we're after a manger not a head coach,DOF or anything else that that the role can be called.

Houllier turned 63 this weekend I think
He's two years older than me and I'm knackered. Still, good luck Gerrard.

I'm off to manage my six a side team now (we've just won the league) and then I'm going to the old Chicago Rock venue in Redditch at 8pm to watch my son's rock/punk band play (if you're local come along and support The British Kicks!)

There's life in old dogs and If GH needs any help from a younger man then I'm up for it! :lol: