Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Does anyone think the club are "using" Kevin Macdonald as a distraction to the media. Him throwing his hat in, a lot of reports saying he'll get it, bookies favourite, whilst villa quietly go about getting their man.. are they being clever?

Maybe! :suspect:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the club are being clever, but not in that way. They have allowed KMax to through his hat into the ring so if the preferred candidates wont/cant be prised from their clubs, we can appoint him rather than go for a 2nd rater i.e. curbs. This way no-one loses face etc. If we appoint someone like a Moyes, KMac goes back to hid old job, wiser for experience, also may put his name in the frame for another managerial appointment. If think KMac is a back-up option.

Does anyone think the club are "using" Kevin Macdonald as a distraction to the media. Him throwing his hat in, a lot of reports saying he'll get it, bookies favourite, whilst villa quietly go about getting their man.. are they being clever?

Interesting theory Kev Mac being used as Lerners bitch.

I wish it were true but I think Kev Mac has thrown his hat in the ring as he knows he is in with a great chance.

Interesting theory Kev Mac being used as Lerners bitch.

I wish it were true but I think Kev Mac has thrown his hat in the ring as he knows he is in with a great chance.

Hmm.. from his interviews I sense something is going on. I for one would be surprised to see K Mac get the job. I think Randy has someone up his sleeve and is playing his cards very close to his chest to get his man.

Interesting. He does seem to have been stuck out on a limb though.

Wouldn't of thought Koeman would be brought in after the club stated they are looking for someone with experience in the perm, not that i believe everything that is coming out of the club.

Kevin Keegan has experience of the perm :shock:

I'm very worried it's going to be KM now.

There's, what I can only describe as, a propaganda video on the OS now talking bout his 5 games in charge. Bizarre.

Nice how they gave all of 3 seconds mention of the defeats to Newcastle and Vienna.

I'm not sure what game the club are playing at the moment with the spin they are putting on things. Last week it as a story on the official site from a Man City player, James Milner, saying how we were in good hands under Randy.

Now we have a video highlights package of MacDonalds five games in charge which conveniently focuses on a win against a shit West Ham, a draw against Vienna and a fortunate win against Everton whilst hardly giving mention to one of the worst defeats I can remember and going out of Europe.

Given the criteria the club set out Kev Mac shouldn't even have applied. The fact he has I find very worrying.

I'm very worried it's going to be KM now.

There's, what I can only describe as, a propaganda video on the OS now talking bout his 5 games in charge. Bizarre.

Nice how they gave all of 3 seconds mention of the defeats to Newcastle and Vienna.

I'm not sure what game the club are playing at the moment with the spin they are putting on things. Last week it as a story on the official site from a Man City player, James Milner, saying how we were in good hands under Randy.

Now we have a video highlights package of MacDonalds five games in charge which conveniently focuses on a win against a shit West Ham, a draw against Vienna and a fortunate win against Everton whilst hardly giving mention to one of the worst defeats I can remember and going out of Europe.

Given the criteria the club set out Kev Mac shouldn't even have applied. The fact he has I find very worrying.

cheap option i seems like to me..

Kev Mac is bloody even's to be the next manager!! Surely not, how honestly could we appoint a man with no experience, what happens if we hit a bad run of games he has no experience and we could end up imploding. Players will question his decisions and with no track record to back himself up it could spell disaster.

Plus the club statement saying we would only appoint someone with Premier League experience, that would be a blatant lie.

So why is he evens??

He is the only one the bookies know will get an interview so he will be favourite unless like yesterday lots of money is thrown on another candidate or if something is leaked. It might end up being him, or any of the other shortlisted managers. The frustration is that we have no clue as to who else is being considered.