Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

David Moyes has been cut from 40/1 to 11/4 favourite with Sky Bet to be the next Aston Villa manager.

The Everton boss, who fits owner Randy Lerner's criteria for the next Villa Park chief, has been shortened following huge support on Monday.

Moyes took charge of Everton's 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa on Sunday, and punters believe he could return to the Midlands on a permanent basis.

Caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald is 3/1 second-favourite, with former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson out to 9/2 (from 3/1).

Sky Bet spokesman Andrew Scurr said: "Moyes has come from nowhere to be the favourite, but count me among those who will be stunned if he leaves Everton for Villa Park."

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say there's more chance of Jol being manager of us in 6 months-years time than Moyes.

I'm happy for Mac to continue for the short term until someone decent resigns from their present job and becomes available.

I certainly don't see the point in dumping Mac and then appointing a Curbishley or Southgate.

David Moyes will not be the next manager.

Calm down people.

It is UTTER rubbish. One misinterpreted handshake, one clumsy blogger and one big rush of money that the bookies have reacted to in almost an 'automatic' way.

ITK in this instance, on both Everton and Villa sides, is just people looking for a little attention.

Let's not be so idiotic as to ignore the fact that he wouldn't leave Everton at this stage, with the squad he has - he's said as much only a week ago - he's 'loyal' and would NOT leave them.

Move on.

I seem to remember someone claiming that they'd sleep with a donkey if MON left us when his odds shortened.

If Moyes leaves Everton for us, I'll wine, dine and shag the donkey, then ride it round Villa Park, waving a claret and blue banner with 'I shagged this donkey because I doubted ITKs' emblazoned on it.

please let him come just for the novelty valuer of seeing that down VP, what a half time show that would be :lol::lol:

can any mod/admin please save this in case it does come true :winkold:

Shame it is the international break coz whether it is true or not, it's about bloody time we unsettled other clubs. How many times does it happen to us.

If true , I would be ecstatic , I said 1. Jol , 2. Moyes, 3. Sven = and I would take any of them.

Maybe it is pure stupid hope, but you dont meet a poor bookie often !

i seriously hope we dont do that again... back when o'neill came we were small fry and he was a big fish and a coup for the club we have grown alot in the last couple of years if we do the same for moyes now it would just be small time

David Moyes has been cut from 40/1 to 11/4 favourite with Sky Bet to be the next Aston Villa manager.

The Everton boss, who fits owner Randy Lerner's criteria for the next Villa Park chief, has been shortened following huge support on Monday.

Moyes took charge of Everton's 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa on Sunday, and punters believe he could return to the Midlands on a permanent basis.

Caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald is 3/1 second-favourite, with former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson out to 9/2 (from 3/1).

Sky Bet spokesman Andrew Scurr said: "Moyes has come from nowhere to be the favourite, but count me among those who will be stunned if he leaves Everton for Villa Park."

So remeber folks, place your bets on this at SkyBet, here at SkyBet we really like your money and will look after it, surely you can waste a fiver on this, it's almost worth it, look at the odds! Of course it's gonna happen! Remember, SkyBet

Moyes will be on the shortlist, so I think an ITK saying he isn't is bollocks, but Moyes won't wanna come here. No sure what has caused this shortening but something bizarre has gone on methinks.

I think we're underestimating how strong Villatalk has become as a source of both fact and bollox for the media. I think alot of new media info is actually coming from us. :lol: (Mostly because they are lazy bastards)

This. We have the knowledge and the power to change the world, we can talk about random rumours and then they miraculously appear in the papers, amazing journalism!