Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The bookies know nothing, they purely respond to the betting patterns. Because the Villa Manager market is probably quite small, it won't take much for a small flurry of bets to change odds drastically.

Does anyone seriously (deep down) believe we are a) after Moyes B) could get Moyes or c) Moyes would want to come here at the moment?!

All that's happened is a few people have got overly excited at a handshake, a few others have pretended their ITK and the rest is people finding meaning in unrelated Official Statement!

All I do know is these little flurries of betting (JK last week) all help the bookies make even more cash!

Don't be so blind, the guy I get info from (nothing Villa related, not usually) is connected in 'that' way and they get noises from the horses mouth / a source and their sources are top top top, betting plays a part but the bookies have their noses in every single place where bets could be made. Trust me.

if I had proof I would mention a few stories, here is one no names

Manager leaks he might be leaving London club

Bookmakers drag price down

People bet on Manager staying

pre press conference Vrs Bolton (12 months ago) manager admits he is staying

Bookies make money on people betting on him going

Manager's friends and family make money on him staying

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the bookes cut MO'N's odds down dramatically an hour before it was announced he was leaving? Howcome they 'knew' before anyone else?

I heard a bookmaker say on the radio at the time (from Ladbrookes I think) that they took a number of bets from persons who they considered from their betting history would be ITK when it came to our football club and that had set their alarm bells off. The bets were not too big I understand but there were a few of them so they suspended the market as a result (they look for such bets coming from persons who might have connections with stables and past when it comes to horses I understand to limit their liabilities). So the question is whether it is those same people again that have led to this latest betting suspension villanmike? :detect:

connections with stables and their past history of winning bets at long odds when it comes to horses I understand to limit their liabilities.

The last but one line should have read as above. :oops:

apparantly moyes didnt return to liverpool with the everton squad last night!!!!!!

That sounds concrete

just passing on some info from an everton supporting mate.

Hate asking, but how does he know?

Be interesting if true 8)

he says it was common knowledge among everton fans but they thought nothing of it, until now. he also said 'there's definatly something in it.