Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

No sure what has caused this shortening but something bizarre has gone on methinks.

It's just the influence of a bit of money; the betting market for the Villa job is very thinly traded - it doesn't take more than a few hundred quid to shift prices. And 50/1 as Moyes was earlier is attractive enough to bring in that sort of money with only the slightest rumour.

I've gone in and out today on Moyes and now have a free upside of nearly £700 if - by some miracle - he does get the job.

The question now though is... who is tomorrow's hot property?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened is, rumours have started because of that guy on Twitter, people have put bets on it being moyes because of that and the handshake....Friends have sent texts to friends saying it's gonna be moyes put a bet on him....they then text more friends and it spreads.

Even the the skybet guy just said on SSN....They bets just came flooding in.....he doesn't know why, but it must be because some contact has been made....No, it's just people via here and twitter spreading rumours. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Moyes will not be at Manure as things stand. He hasn't done anything yet. Even when SAF took over he won the League and Euro Cup at Aberdeen.

If Moyes wins something between now and when SAF retires then he has a chance but it takes a quality manager to win things and Moyes IMO hasn't proven that he is in that class of manager.

why have Everton not came out today and said he's not going.it seems a little odd from that point of view.

Maybe there is something in it? Like I said eariler, probably is all rubbish, however I wont discount it until there is a denial by either party.

I agree that the odds are only for people backing something but to drop like a stone and be suspended in one afternoon sounds like there has been serious money placed on it, not just interested Villa fans who have read a Tweet.

Nobody thinks Wenger is viable then......

Yeah he talks Fab out of moving to Barca, then goes to AV......Wake up.

I'm wide awake thanks.......

I'm trying to think of an appointment to upset the apple cart as it were, as it's been indicated it might do!

Of the TOP coaches Wenger is the only one who might be available if the circumstances were right.

An extremely long shot granted (but hopefully a change of tack after 40 pages of bookies, betting and Moyes chat).

why have Everton not came out today and said he's not going.it seems a little odd from that point of view.

So because they don't deny what is in all probability a baseless rumour this confirms it as a fact. Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'd be happy for Moyes to rock up at VP but it isn't going to happen.