Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any manager we appoint now won't have time to bring in players unless we announce him in the morning and go nuts for a day. I can't see any high profile manager working without being able to bring in players he wants.

Moyes will not be the next Villa manager I guarantee it. The bloke just seems loyal, and his comments before the season started back it up. Everton stood by him through some tough times as well so he won't just walk out ala MON. What the **** were you thinking Martin???

Any manager we appoint now won't have time to bring in players unless we announce him in the morning and go nuts for a day. I can't see any high profile manager working without being able to bring in players he wants.

If they know they're going to get Moyes then I would think they can start looking for players he would be interested in....If it is him they would have had to interview him...I guess yesterday after the game?

Moyes will not be the next Villa manager I guarantee it. The bloke just seems loyal, and his comments before the season started back it up. Everton stood by him through some tough times as well so he won't just walk out ala MON. What the **** were you thinking Martin???

Moyes won't be walking out anyway. We will have to pay compensation to Everton of x million pounds to get him. But given Everton's financial situation it may be a goer.

I like the idea of Moyes being installed in the morning and then going on a transfer frenzy. However, this bit definitely won't happen.

Well we will see tomorrow, Everton will have to come out and dismiss the rumours again.

Can someone please explain how betfair works? a pm would be good. To keep it remotely on topic, I stuck a tenner on Moyes earlier at 50-1 and someone mentioned offsetting it or something like that on betfair. Sorry not much of a gambler, infact today was my first bet outside of the grand national. Just couldn't resist the 50-1 price

Anyone know how long Moyes has on his Everton contract?

3 years.

Something else that, in my view, puts this speculation into lunacy territory.

Stranger things have happened.....We as a race have landed on the moon......Well it looked the moon, but in black and white.

Moyes has already ruled himself out and why would he take a sideward (perhaps backwards to Everton fans) step to come and get us out of the shit. Worth a cheeky £1 on that price though although I too would happily donate £10 to VT if we pull this one off. I'd be over the moon too!

The fact he has came from 33-1 to evens suggests that something MIGHT be happening. Just before O'Neill left he got no where near those odds and he was out within the hour. Either something is happening, or someone, somewhere has stuck an obscene amount of money on it being Moyes, at high odds which has alerted the bookies. We may pray they know something, and aren't just thick, and going on that handshake video, and online websites. :@