Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, im intrigued Shocked

Randy did appear to turn back and make an extra special effort to shake David Moyes hand. VERY WARMLY!

I think he'd be great but I think his loyalty to Everton FC will see him stay there for at least another season.

Just thought of someone who has managed in the champions league, played at international level, is familiar with the Premier League without ever having won much. He's also gnarly and Scottish. Would probably have respect of the players aswell if they can understand what he's saying. Gordon Strachan anyone ? (Sorry if this has been mentioned before). He would probably stay the term aswell if it didnt go tits up of course.

....David Moyes

i just have an inclin

I would be over the **** moon with David Moyes. One of the few managers I would have swapped for O'Neill willingly. But I don't see it happening. Unless we can offer him significant backing for transfers, which it doesn't seem that we can, it's not all that much of a step up, and it would ruin his relationship with the Everton fans.

You have to remember he has been at that club for over 7 years, I think it would take a lot for him to leave.

If we could have offered him the sort of backing we gave to O'Neill then I do think he would come.

the mere points you mention.....he's been there 7 years

did you see the greeting Randing gave to him yesterday when David was alighting some stairs.....that wasn't normal.

Has anyone got a link to this I sadly missed the first 5mins yesterday and really REALLY want to see this!

Has anybody mentioned Big Phil Scolari yet? Where he these days?

Selling hamburgers on the costa del sol :lol:

He's actually living the good life back in Brazil managing Palmeiras after him and Rivaldo mugged some clueless Uzbeki team for tens of millions.

1982 CSA

1982–1983 Juventude

1983 Brasil de Pelotas

1984–1985 Al-Shabab

1986 Brasil de Pelotas

1986–1987 Juventude

1987 Grêmio

1988 Goiás

1988–1990 Al Qadisiya

1990 Kuwait

1991 Criciúma

1991 Al-Ahli

1992 Al Qadisiya

1993–1996 Grêmio

1996–1997 Júbilo Iwata

1997–2000 Palmeiras

2000–2001 Cruzeiro

2001–2002 Brazil

2003–2008 Portugal

2008–2009 Chelsea

2009–2010 Bunyodkor

2010– Palmeiras

A one season manager If I ever saw one!

"picking up signals that the aston villa appointment might create some serious stir (if randy learner gets his number one choice)

don't want to drop names but from what i understand villa are pressing hard for a manager who's currently in a fairly decent job (in the uk)"

http://twitter.com/karlsentk

If that's true & Lerner has really used his financial muscle to get the manager he wants then I think it could be Moyes...although I wouldn't be surprised if it's not Mark Hughes. I'd welcome either personally, although having stood next to Hughes at the airport for a good 30mins, the week before he left BRFC for Man City, I would say he is one miserable get!

"picking up signals that the aston villa appointment might create some serious stir (if randy learner gets his number one choice)

don't want to drop names but from what i understand villa are pressing hard for a manager who's currently in a fairly decent job (in the uk)"

http://twitter.com/karlsentk

I hope this is true, since it would indicate that any new manager will recieve some hefty backing from Randy? 8)