Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he get to know what's being said on this AV message board MM? I guess General Krulak passes on some info?

Yes he is fully aware I was talking to him from the Sky lounge balcony but he was very open when I was talking to him didn't shirk any questions from either me or two others with me but don't think it's right I post what he said because I don't want some journo hack using it . He is far from down about Villa he is totally committed to it and enjoying it as much as ever possibly even more so .

I figure he mentioned Oneil, then :winkold:

These message boards are great for getting a cross section of supporters opinion, but i hope Randy and the General are not foolish enough to to take them as THE source of opinion.

A lot of fans i talk to on Match day have either not heared of Villa talk, and cant be bothered with forums.

....David Moyes

i just have an inclin

I would be over the **** moon with David Moyes. One of the few managers I would have swapped for O'Neill willingly. But I don't see it happening. Unless we can offer him significant backing for transfers, which it doesn't seem that we can, it's not all that much of a step up, and it would ruin his relationship with the Everton fans.

You have to remember he has been at that club for over 7 years, I think it would take a lot for him to leave.

If we could have offered him the sort of backing we gave to O'Neill then I do think he would come.

Did you hold your tongue yesterday MM? Or were you a naughty boy again?

I was good yesterday even had a debate with Randy after the game as he sat with his feet up in his Trinity Road box watching the grass grow looked pretty relaxed quite surprising how much he does know about football .

He was apparently a Hedge Fund Manager in a former life & a very clever bloke so I was told last week by the investment managers I work with.

IMHO Villa are in good hands, but I think if the right offer comes along he will sell, but I think he'll make sure he leaves us with decent owners.

I'm glad they're taking their time over the new manager appointment although I've suspected for a while, had MON had walked a few weeks before Mark Hughes would have been installed immediately.

....David Moyes

i just have an inclin

I would be over the **** moon with David Moyes. One of the few managers I would have swapped for O'Neill willingly. But I don't see it happening. Unless we can offer him significant backing for transfers, which it doesn't seem that we can, it's not all that much of a step up, and it would ruin his relationship with the Everton fans.

You have to remember he has been at that club for over 7 years, I think it would take a lot for him to leave.

If we could have offered him the sort of backing we gave to O'Neill then I do think he would come.

the mere points you mention.....he's been there 7 years

did you see the greeting Randy gave to him yesterday when David was alighting some stairs.....that wasn't normal.

Would love Moyes. Can't see it happening, think it would be a sideways step for him.

The only thing would be if Randy could promise him some serious transfer money. He doesn't get that much at Everton so if Randy was to say he could have a serious chunk of money, but maybe get rid of the deadwood to free up some wages maybe he might be tempted.

He's got very close to the CL (well actually got into it even) with Everton. Maybe with a bit more investment he could make that final leap?

....David Moyes

i just have an inclin

the mere points you mention.....he's been there 7 years

did you see the greeting Randing gave to him yesterday when David was alighting some stairs.....that wasn't normal.

Did he shake his willy :lol:

Seriously though, im intrigued :shock: