Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes us fans want a good top quality manager in place as soon as possible but it doesn't make any difference to transfers if Randy has says there to be no signings.
Is he openly admitting that now?

Yes us fans want a good top quality manager in place as soon as possible but it doesn't make any difference to transfers if Randy has says there to be no signings.
Is he openly admitting that now?

No, but somebody suggested that Randy is waiting until the transfer window shuts before appointing a manager. My point was that if Randy doesn't want any signings to be made then he wouldn't wait to appoint someone if the right candidate was available. He would appoint them and tell them that no money was available if that was the case

Although I believe there are funds there to buy players.

I'll be really annoyed if it's KM. Cheapo option that won't yield results. He at least needs a spell as a full assistant first. His experience goes no further than coaching, so as far as that goes he'd be no better than Bob Bradley.

I see the ginger one was predictably full of shit.

I reckon those coming on and spouting complete bollocks, that everybody knows to be the case, should be banned, or if not kicked repeatedly in the bollocks until they come out their mouth, rather than the verbal kind of bollocks that is spouted.........or I could just ignore it ;-)

I'll be really annoyed if it's KM. Cheapo option that won't yield results. He at least needs a spell as a full assistant first. His experience goes no further than coaching, so as far as that goes he'd be no better than Bob Bradley.

Agree with this. Seeing as he's had no managerial experience at all, it'd be a big risk going with him. He hasn't learnt his trade and I doubt there's many people who could go straight into management at this level and do a good job.

I'm warming to the idea of Lambert getting the job. I think he would be a Moyes type appointment. He's served his time at the lower levels (pretty sure he got Wycombe to semis of the league cup!), and he has played at the top of european football too (won european cup as a player), and up to now, he's done a great job at every club he has managed. Would be a lot less of a gamble than KM, IMO.

It just seems that Kev Mac has been around the game long enough to know if he has ever entertained the thought of being manager. I know he was thrust into a tough position with O'Neill waving good bye but seeing how he's played the game, been in coaching all these years, had he never thought of being a manager before August 9, 2010?

As for Bradley, I know as an American he'd be a "first ever" and man that guy would catch holy fooking blazing hell if he were appointed as a manager for any Premier League club and especially this one. I know this without question and he has to know it, too. Yet he's up for the challenge of it. All I can say he he must have some jubalani size balls for wanting to take that abuse on. My hat is off to him for even wanting it.

Let's face it Risso, you'll never be happy with anything, ever.

Randy, I'll do the job for 50k a year and get some of my mates in to play on cut-price wages to get your wage bill down.

Couldn't be any worse than the shower of shit we saw tonight.

Can I be your assistant?

This is absolute chaos, that performance tonight was beyond disgraceful

Get Sven Goran Erikkson in tomorrow, he's far from perfect but he stabilised England when Keegan quit, he knows what he's doing and tbh beggars can't be choosers