Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont get to Randy lerner's position without having half a brain.

And an extremely rich daddy.

Happy for him to buy the club and pump millions in, stop the millions coming in and....

I think there is a word for that.

Ottmar Hitzfield's name is getting mentioned in alot of places now and his odds are tumbling. I would like to see him named.

My colleague isn't a Villa fan but loves a flutter; he went in earlier today with £100 on Hitzfeld based on rumour and hearsay. He got on at 33-1 through Ladbrokes and by the time he came back to the office (less than 5 minutes later), they'd cut their price to 20-1. It's really a very thinly-traded market.

Paul Lambert is also a lot shorter now than he was a couple of days ago. The Borussia Dortmund connection, perhaps? Hitzfeld/Lambert dream team? You heard it here first! :winkold:

EDIT: Lambert's just come in to 9/2 with Paddy Power. Still 25-1 with some bookies though.

I can't stand Brian Little.
You're lucky you're not anywhere near me, saying that sort of thing. :angry:
I'm not dismissing his achievements at the club, as player or manager. Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to appreciate his accolades for the club. I don't like his opinion when he is a pundit for our games, I can remember him looking delighted when we got beat by Bolton 5-2 in the CC Semi Final.

Happy for him to buy the club and pump millions in, stop the millions coming in and....

You've lost me? Randys dad died in 2002 and he inherited a fortune.

Yup i'm aware of that, he should also keep putting all that inheritance into the club otherwise, well he is a bad man!

If KM is appointed manager its because he wants it, Randy wont be forcing him; so all this talk now that it doesn't seem like he wants it is immaterial.

After the West Am game people were quite happy to have him as manager to give him a chance, with another person along side for transfers etc...

Now after one terrible performance, one that MON had as well he is suddenly not the right candidate.

well I wasn't happy after one game, am less so after two, and couldn't care if we win the next two 10 -0 he is not the right candidate, he should not even be a candidate.

Would anyone want him if he were the reserve Team Coach of any other Club ?

No. So he gets it because he knows the players ? Since when did that ever ever ever matter in football ? One example off the top of my head, how well did Hiddink know the Chelsea players ?

Whoever we get must, must, be a proper Manager.

I would rather have an unfancied person, anyone, than Mcdonald.

Yup i'm aware of that, he should also keep putting all that inheritance into the club otherwise, well he is a bad man!

I have some agreement with you that we shouldn't turn on Randy, but most the money he has spent has either been in loans or in Capital spending upon which the returns will be greater if he sold. The General keeps saying they bleed Claret and Blue. I consider myself a fan, if I had £500 million I know I would happily spend (not loan) on the Club.

Mind you, I know Robert Plant wouldn't buy his own local to save it (as it would've made a loss)so these rich folk aren't like mere mortals!!

Thats probably why Randy is wealthy and I am filing for Bankruptcy !! :?

I find it odd that Gérard Houllier hasn't been mentioned. Regardless of what most people think of the guy he does have considerable credentials, Premiership experience and no job.

I'll only take him if he doesn't go on to swap Carew to Galatasaray for Baros :lol:

Had a think and silence and extended silence from the board is actually making me hopeful. Couple this with a little bit of looking back at what Randy has done and given us (training ground etc) we could end up been happy after all.

If he really was going to give the job to the caretaker he would have done it by now.

Add to this the Newcastle result we could be getting a nice new manager.

I could be wrong of course and it could all hang on tonight.

I find it hard to believe that Mr Lerner does not have the ear of someone who really knows English footie, with the best will in the world I would find it hard to be happy giving it to a guy who does not come across who really wants it. I would be kicking the door in to get the job but the Newcastle result shocked him to the core.

I don't have confidence in him to get us above small heath at the end of April never mind top 4. Just how I feel at the moment.