Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Anyone have any ideas why Paul Lamberts odds are dropping with almost every bookie today? See oddschecker...sorry cant do links :?

See my post on the previous page... it's the Hitzfeld/Lambert Dortmund Old Boys Dream Team!

Since I posted he's come in from a top price of 25-1 to 12-1 now, and he's significantly shorter than that with Paddy Power.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because people have put money on him, automatically drops down doesn't it?

if bookies knew something, odds would be far less.

So unless odds are getting suspended or like 1/3 or something, I don't think anything is happening?

Yes, you're absolutely correct, but it's still a little bit strange. His price has fallen a long way in a short space of time with no press comment or even rumour that I've seen. He's a pretty leftfield choice for such activity - I don't think he's even been mentioned in this thread in the last fortnight.

Macdonald wanting the job or not should be irrelevant - he should not even be in the running. We need a manager with proven credentials. If KMac wants to manage then he should learn his trade in the lower leagues and work his way up.

I would rather have Curbishley than Macdonald.

Because people have put money on him, automatically drops down doesn't it?

if bookies knew something, odds would be far less.

So unless odds are getting suspended or like 1/3 or something, I don't think anything is happening?

Yes, you're absolutely correct, but it's still a little bit strange. His price has fallen a long way in a short space of time with no press comment or even rumour that I've seen. He's a pretty leftfield choice for such activity - I don't think he's even been mentioned in this thread in the last fortnight.

9/2 at PaddyPower also says to me they know something that other bookies dont...is it just protecting themselves or do they have some info?

i think even if we lose 2-0 tonight and then 3-0 sunday mac will still get it

Even if we need snookers he's already in the hotseat. It's a done deal.

To still be caretaker after that 6-0 thrashing tells you all you need to know!

It will be KM now.

Based on?

What he's said over the past 48 hours.

So hes said hes not sure if he wants it so that means hes getting it :?

Also said that if he does decide to want it hes hopeful he can get an interview along with the other candidates

i think even if we lose 2-0 tonight and then 3-0 sunday mac will still get it

Even if we need snookers he's already in the hotseat. It's a done deal.

To still be caretaker after that 6-0 thrashing tells you all you need to know!

Rubbish!!

Who else is gona step in?

Randy: 'Hold up lads, **** looking for a new manager, we need to look for a new caretaker manager cos this guys just lost 6-0. When we get an undefeated caretaker manager in we will start looking for a new manager.