Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

We cant as a club go on like this forever , KM has to make his mind up soon if he wants or not, RL needs to get his arse in gear, its not a option having a caretaker for next few months. It would be better if the club could clear up exactly whats happening give us some kind of timescale or this will just go on and on. Make a decision and move on to a new era ..

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather not appoint someone on the basis that they can attract players, I'd rather do it on management record.

The only person who's been mentioned that has a half decent record is Jol - the rest have an awful record in the top flight (Sven, Southgate, Klinsmann, Koeman, etc). I'd rather have Kevin Mac than any of them.

Klinsmann is our best hope, no management experience in Premier League but would be able to attract bigger name signings and a few German / overseas players to balance our heavily bias British only team.

Sod Jurgen then, lets just get Diego in. We can all have a good laugh at Aston Villa's expense. :|

ive always like Billy Davies at Forest, doing a good job there and play topclass attacking football, did a real good job at derby as well..........

Do you attend many Forest games out of interest? Because I do, I was there on Sunday for instance for their opening home match against Leeds.

Top class attacking football you say?

Sure :crylaugh:

Are we being picky? I should bloody hope so. Its a big job Pelle, one of the biggest in the country and not one to be handed to anyone, the time we are looking is counting against us but we shouldn't appoint someone average just because of that.

Are we being picky? I should bloody hope so. Its a big job Pelle, one of the biggest in the country and not one to be handed to anyone, the time we are looking is counting against us but we shouldn't appoint someone average just because of that.

Yes, of course we should aim as high as possible and being a bit picky. I mean, I certainly don't want managers like Brown or Mclarren. But every name that gets a mention, almost every name, is said to not be good enough, but yet a rather large number would like us to appoint KM because of one game.

Completly agree Trent. I'd go for Strachan.

:lol: Funny you should mention him. But it's a long story about someone hacking in on my account on another forum singing his praise in my name.

We should be very picky, it's the single most important person at the club. It's by far and away the biggest decision to make. You could end up with the next arsene wenger, with cups and glory or you could end up with John barnes, with failure and disappointment.

Yes, of course we should aim as high as possible and being a bit picky. I mean, I certainly don't want managers like Brown or Mclarren. But every name that gets a mention, almost every name, is said to not be good enough, but yet a rather large number would like us to appoint KM because of one game.

McLaren is good enough its just his England spell is too fresh in the mind for some.

Brown, Strachan and some of the other names are not good enough, not even close to being good enough in my view. Neither are some of the more fancy names like Koeman, its nothing to do with the glamour of a name.

The trouble is that its fast approaching two weeks and things are very very quite in terms of speculation let alone news about a new manager and people are going crazy throwing all kinds of names about.

I think its fairly obvious there is a list of probably only about 2 or 3 names we would all welcome and the order in which we would welcome them varies.

The difficulty is the time we are looking to appoint a manager, a few weeks ago we would all have been debating the pro's and con's of Hughes or Jol now we are banding names like Billy **** Davies around.

Are we being too picky? No, if anything the problem is in terms of speculation we aren't being picky enough and lots of names are being banded about simply due to the lack of developments.

As for people being happy with MacDonald being appointed I posted my thoughts on that earlier in the thread.

Well, I just meant that we seem to think that NO ONE is good enough for us.

I don't want McLaren just because of his time as the english manager, but also for Boros. Don't think he did that well there. Neither would I want Hughes. He hasn't done anything special.

And no, we shouldn't pick a fancy name either just for the sake of it. Koeman was one that I thought was rather good but I've learned that he's not all that. Neither do I want Bradley. But now people says that not even Rijkaard is good enough for us. :?

I disagree on McLaren Pelle, he did well at Boro and very well in Holland. He **** up with England no doubt but perhaps now people have seen what a supposed 'top' manager like Capello managed with those England players his failure should be view in a slightly different light especially considering his remarkable championship win in Holland.

I think McLaren is good enough (doesn't mean that is who I want), I think Hughes is good enough, I think Jol is good enough. The problem is none of these are available and by and large what is available and the names people are talking about aren't good enough.

Completly agree Trent. I'd go for Strachan.

Strachan? Seriously? Blimey, glad you aren't charge then fella.

He agrees with you that it's a big job and one of the biggest in the country, then says Strachan should get it. Oh dear.