Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The Birmingham Mail are reporting that KMac has told Randy he wants the job... no quotes though - even though the headline reads - MacDonald - I want to manage Aston Villa full time!!!

I seriously hope he doesn't get the job - nice guy but not management material.

MM do you know anymore on this?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the journalists on SSN this morning said maybe Moyes feels he has taken Everton as far as he can. With our relative financial stability and RL's way of working Moyes could be a perfect fit for Villa. Why wait until the 2 week break if we are not going to try to get a manager currently in a role.

Out of curiosity, just how long is Moyes contract at Everton, and if he does not quit, how much will it cost Randy to buy out Moyes contract?

Pretty sure Moyes signed a contract extension last season - could cost a lot of compo!

The Birmingham Mail are reporting that KMac has told Randy he wants the job... no quotes though - even though the headline reads - MacDonald - I want to manage Aston Villa full time!!!

A few pages back he said he was told it won't be KM.

It would be a big shame for Everton if he did leave and I think the fans will have some questions about the people in charge if they haven't given him any dosh and selling their hottest prospect AGAIN (since rooney) and then sell one of their regular 7/10 players in Pienaar.

Moyes would be better than any of the managers we have talked about on here. Looked what he did with Everton, imagine what happens if next summer he gets £30m to spend which isn't that unlikely, because the wage bill we probably go down there too with contracts up.

A few pages back he said he was told it won't be KM.

cheers!!

We just don't do anything quickly do we?

Regarding Moyes, Everton to Villa would be the biggest sidweays step ever, we are practically the same club (minus the European cup of course :D ). Backwards step for him personally in sense that he is already highly respected and well loved at Everton and would have to start afresh at Villa.

They seem to think Villa would be a sideways step at best for Moyes.

Because it would be.

It wouldn't be a sideways step at best. You could consider it a sideways step, but not 'at best', IMO. With a decent manager, we're a better side than Everton and we've got a better chairman.

the only part I can fully agree with is the "better chairman" part at this point in time. Everton are a very good side with a range of talent from all over the place, theyve just been very unlucky in recent years with injuries etc.

We're weaker in CM, but better in all other areas.

We just don't do anything quickly do we?

Regarding Moyes, Everton to Villa would be the biggest sidweays step ever, we are practically the same club (minus the European cup of course :D ). Backwards step for him personally in sense that he is already highly respected and well loved at Everton and would have to start afresh at Villa.

Its hardly sideways when you look at the money that will be avialable to him. He will see it as an opportunity.

What is with all the hoo har about us getting Moyes from the majority of fans?

What has he ever achieved at Everton that is worth shouting about let alone giving him the Villa job?

Okay yes the man can work on a shoe string and perform miracles for so long but i thought we as a club had past that stage of needing a manager like that now as to where we have come over the last 4 years and continuing where we want to go.

The new manager who comes in has got a brilliant foundation already in place to work with and build on and I would have been expecting a higher profile manager than Moyes.

A manager who has achieved something in the game already to carry on taking us to that next stage.

For me Moyes does not fit that bill and for that reason I'm out.

We are definitely similar clubs, however, i dont think Everton have any money, Moyes is on record as saying he would like to buy 1 player, a striker around the value of £15m, well its transfer deadline day & nonews of players going into Everton only out

Would love moyes but just can't see it happening at all.
I'm in this camp. If it is Moyes though what price MON for Everton?

In a way this is what would have been best for both clubs when Randy started. Mon with no money at Everton and Moyes at Villa with money. Things would be totally different now with us doing a lot better at a guess.

Moyes is proper good with the kids and bringing them through as well. So what he has appeared in Lord of the Rings !

I don't know anything about Moyes would be gobsmacked if we got him and despite their start he has a very good squad and I actually think marginally a better squad than ours . I am not sure he would want to leave it's in his blood and he isn't as odd as ONeil so far less to leave imo .

All I will say is nothing is being denied but nothing is being confirmed either .