Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a long day.

It's only player transfers deadline day....AV have 2 weeks to bring in a new manager.

It looks like they're not going to get their first or second choice manager though....Will they get their 3rd choice I wonder and who will that be?

Are we going to upset the scum? I personally don't know if he is the man for us, but I guess that's why I'm not picking them.

Isn't it hilarious.. Deadline day for transfers, which has had us all on tenderhooks every summer since MON walked through the door....now he's gone and no one on VT gives a stuff really.

It's ALL about the vacancy in the manager's office!!

I have to drive home via appointment in Mancs lunchtime..... so will miss most of the fun!! :(

I have a feeling we will go for Mcleish. Only one year left on his contract so compensation of no more than a mill, massive step up for him so he'd jump at the chance.

If Mcleish were to become the next Villa manager, could you honestly see him walking into the scum ground when we play them...or stand on the touchline....I think they would riot...A lot of arrests would be made that day, that's for sure.

#AVFC Moyes situation: Villa refused permission to speak with DM by Everton. Moyes won't quit to force the issue. RL admires that loyalty.

http://twitter.com/Villa_Insider

The stuff from the Villa ITK on twitter makes me more worried than the fact we haven't got a manager at the moment. I don't think we should be looking to loan out Sidwell or Davies. If Luke Young got injured, Cuellar would have to play RB so that would leave Davies as back-up to Collins and Dunne. With Collins' injury record and Clark's performances so far I would definitely like us to keep Davies as cover. It's either that or loan out Davies and keep Beye as cover for RB.

If we lose any two of Ireland, Petrov or NRC then we are definitely going to need Sidwell.

Isn't it hilarious.. Deadline day for transfers, which has had us all on tenderhooks every summer since MON walked through the door....now he's gone and no one on VT gives a stuff really.

It's ALL about the vacancy in the manager's office!!

I have to drive home via appointment in Mancs lunchtime..... so will miss most of the fun!! :(

Meh, I wish we could talk about transfers, but nothing is going to happen so the next manager is the best subject atm....

Have a safe drive home, atleast you have the radio to listen too, well you will before you enter Manchester, not sure you will when you leave there.

The stuff from the Villa ITK on twitter makes me more worried than the fact we haven't got a manager at the moment. I don't think we should be looking to loan out Sidwell or Davies. If Luke Young got injured, Cuellar would have to play RB so that would leave Davies as back-up to Collins and Dunne. With Collins' injury record and Clark's performances so far I would definitely like us to keep Davies as cover.

If we lose any two of Ireland, Petrov or NRC then we are definitely going to need Sidwell.

As long as we include a clause that means we can recall them in the event of injuries / suspensions we'll be fine. I think its more about saving money (£20k + £40k per week = £3,000,000 saved in wages in 1 year on 2 fringe players.

KMacs job if he wants it!

I will be gobsmacked if he gets it because I was told he isn't getting it on Sunday

I'll be amazed as well if it's KMac. I thought he might have a shot after West Ham but to me it's like picking your penalty takers to get through to next round of a cup tie.

Would you really pick a player who dithered??!!!!

Lerner wants a winner with beleif and determination. KM might be a great coach but I don't think he's got the bottle and fair play to him if he hasn't... stick to what you're good at I say!

The stuff from the Villa ITK on twitter makes me more worried than the fact we haven't got a manager at the moment. I don't think we should be looking to loan out Sidwell or Davies. If Luke Young got injured, Cuellar would have to play RB so that would leave Davies as back-up to Collins and Dunne. With Collins' injury record and Clark's performances so far I would definitely like us to keep Davies as cover.

As long as we include a clause that means we can recall them in the event of injuries / suspensions we'll be fine. I think its more about saving money (£20k + £40k per week = £3,000,000 saved in wages in 1 year on 2 fringe players.

Fair point Tamuff, as long as we do put in a clause.

Looks like it won't be Bob Bradley anyway, so all those concerned can now stop worrying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8955558.stm

A classic case of using Villa to get an extension (and most likely a big pay rise) in his current job. Don't blame him.

Not only that, but it seems this site is to close down based on this announcement!!

Bob Bradley extends stay as US coach to end Villa talk

Blimey!! :shock: :lol: :winkold: