Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have been stitched up by someone at the fun day on sunday, i'll just say it was one of the former players who was there. Said it was going to be Bob Bradley, pending coaching badges/clearance in the next couple of days haha. Took that information back to a fella working there that I spoke to earlier on and he gave me a nodding smile. A smack of disappointment was left with me till after the game lol. He either got it wrong himself or he got me hook, line and sinker..brilliant! lol.

Now if these rumours of Moyes are in fact true, I will be highly impressed!

No Bradley fans eh?? Wouldn't want him managing the Villa as he has no Prem experience...but didn't he manage the US to the top of the Group??? ;):D

Yeah, but the other teams were crap so it's not really saying much. (I know that sounds like a wind-up but the more I think about it, it's true.)

Relieved he's not coming to Villa (although I don't think he was ever seriously considered, and rightfully so); but disappointed that the US won't be upgrading. Then again we (the US) don't really play any meaningful games again for another two years so it's nothing to get too worked up about yet.

So latest speculation I've seen is that someone made a comment that there was a ginger on his way? Everyone got excited thinking it was Moyes when really it it........drumrolll.....

STEVE STAUNTON?

As well as KMAC because they worked with the Irish team together, would this tie in with the got 3 targets, a defender, midfielder and a striker, thing? One of which who has played under him already?

We are a step up because i think Randy would give him some money to spend. To tempt him here he would give him the Milner money plus another £10 million. Thats almost £30 million to improve the squad. If he thinks thats enough of a step up it might happen. The Man Utd and Arsenal jobs will not be coming up soon, i i doubt he would be top of the list. He wouldn't go to Liverpool. Chelsea and Man City like more showbiz managers and Arry's doing a decent job at Spuds. If he feels he needs a little step up, no matter how little we would be...but i just dont see it.

They seem to think Villa would be a sideways step at best for Moyes.

Because it would be.

It wouldn't be a sideways step at best. You could consider it a sideways step, but not 'at best', IMO. With a decent manager, we're a better side than Everton and we've got a better chairman.

I agree. It'd be a sidestep at worst.

I saw one post on there that said Moyes going to us would be like Torres going to Tranmere...

Scousers rate themselves highly don't they.

Villa have underperformed - we had Ellis in charge for 25 years.

We are the biggest club in the 2nd City with a huge fan base & the history to match.

Bob Bradley said on BBC interview Randy Lerner has gone about things properly at Aston Villa and they are building something

to last.

We were 6 points off CL football last season and that included throwing the last game at home V Blackburn so arguably only 3!

I'm sure whoever becomes our next manager these same factors will not be lost on them also.

http://alturl.com/qnn4f

Bob Bradley has signed a new four-year extension to his contract as United States coach, ending speculation linking him with the Aston Villa job.

The 52-year-old told BBC Sport last week that he would be "honoured" to talk to Villa owner Randy Lerner about succeeding Martin O'Neill as manager.

However, Bradley, who took the US to round two of the 2010 World Cup, will now stay beyond the 2014 finals.

"Bob is honoured to be the US coach. He is very happy," said Bradley's agent.

From the BBC - presumably he is not even on the short list for an interview.