Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked Moyes but would honestly be shocked if we got him. Why would he want to leave a club of similar stature and a team he has built entirely by himself? Since BBradley's been ruled out i feel a lot better. Still, the prospect of Mark Hughes is still looming like a dark cloud

I've always liked Moyes but would honestly be shocked if we got him. Why would he want to leave a club of similar stature and a team he has built entirely by himself?

Transfer funds. he may feel he's taken Everton as far as he can with the funds they can offer him. IF (and that's a big if) we're promising him more funds, he may feel he can take us that extra step.

For what it's worth I don't think we'll get him, but it is feasible that he'd leave. just not very likely imo.

Im my opinion that is just an 'I respect you as a manger and I will be as friendly as possible just in the slightest hope that if you're fed up at Everton, you'd be more than welcome here' kind of handshake :)

Certainly not something that suggests he's nailed on to be our next manager!

Kevin McDonald is still favourite with most bookies though. And I thought he was pretty much ruled out.
Not anymore mate... Moyes is as short as 7/4 and KM is as short as 100/30

100/30...you mean 10/3?

Kevin McDonald is still favourite with most bookies though. And I thought he was pretty much ruled out.

100/30...you mean 10/3?

I've never understood this. Bookies always write it as 100/30. Is there a reason they don't put 10/3?

Im my opinion that is just an 'I respect you as a manger and I will be as friendly as possible just in the slightest hope that if you're fed up at Everton, you'd be more than welcome here' kind of handshake.

Oh well maybe it was just wishful thinking.

They also said on Sky that Randy Lerner went into the dressing room after the game, which if correct was a nice touch. Maybe it was a "Well done lads for the gritty determination not to get beat today" & a heads up that they were stepping up efforts to get in a manager before the statement was issued on the OS"

What we need is some top draw ITK.....NOW!!!

5761-Flustered-Woman-Jumping-On-A-Laptop-Computer-Clipart-Illustration.jpg

100/30...you mean 10/3?

I've never understood this. Bookies always write it as 100/30. Is there a reason they don't put 10/3?

To temp you to put on £30 rather than £3 was always my guess

That was the handshake?? FFS It lasted 2 seconds then Lerner dashes off, obviously elsewhere. Much a do...

People see what they want to see I suppose...if Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house then I guess it would not be so absurd for some 'people to see that this was secretly a handshake between Owner and soon-to-be manager.

For me, it was ....

Randy: 'Hello, good luck'

DM: 'Thanks'

100/30...you mean 10/3?

I prefer to look at it as 1000/300.

:mrgreen: