Barry Bannan

villianusa

you cannot say Bannan was "dropped" he was just not played for another successive game.

it's obvious he's not in Pulis' plans.

though you will protest otherwise we know he wasn't dropped on form because he was playing well. I've posted the link where the fans voted him their second best player after Chamakh.

just change of tactics. a better player Mata was sold to Man Utd for the same reason.

Beckham was only able to cross a ball.

That is definitely not true. Beckham was an excellent player with more to his game than just crossing.

Care to expand a little bit?

Manchester Utd

Real Mardid

AC Milan

PSG

You don't get signed by these clubs if you are a 1 trick pony. Facht

That is definitely not true. Beckham was an excellent player with more to his game than just crossing.

Manchester Utd

Real Mardid

AC Milan

PSG

Can you answer the original question rather than list clubs?

Manchester Utd

Real Mardid

AC Milan

PSG

We have all watched David Beckham hundreds of times so I'm not going to write what we all already know.

Do you really think a player that could only cross would have the kind of career he has had? If you do then you're doing "watching football" wrong.

Manchester Utd

Real Mardid

AC Milan

PSG

We have all watched David Beckham hundreds of times so I'm not going to write what we all already know.

Do you really think a player that could only cross would have the kind of career he has had? If you do then you're doing "watching football" wrong.

It would have taken you less time to write what else he was good at rather than write another sentence avoiding the question again.

If you can ping a ball 50 yards with pin point accuracy, take free kicks with pin point accuracy (crossing and shooting) and in the process get 20 assists a season (con, please note here the word season and not career) then you will be rightly so a world class player. Doesn't mean you're world class at anything else though.

So, unless you can add to the list anything else other than crossing to the list of his qualities lets get this topic back on subject.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Beckham was a fantastic player. Great passer, scored his fair share of goals, brilliant at dead balls, great engine... Fergie commented his fitness levels were the highest by a long way at Man Utd and in general he was a leader. He gave 100% every game. He carried the England national team for years. He wasn't the most naturally gifted of players, but he made up for it by sweating blood and tears when he took the field. 

• Like 1

Manchester Utd

Real Mardid

AC Milan

PSG

If you honestly need an answer to that question then you probably need to find a new hobby.

• Like 1

Bannan has an excellent points per game this season if you can discount the first couple of games when he and the team were getting use to each other (a deadline day signing).

Leon Britton started today. Superb game. He could teach Bannan a thing or two, mould him into his own image.

I haven't once stated Beckham was over rated, stole a living or wasn't world class. All I have asked for is a quality of his other than crossing which was world class and thus far no one has come back with anything. This was a view point from the late great George Best also... should he had considered a new hobby also for making the same observation?

I fully agree with Xela's post... he was the perfect professional and always gave 100% for his team even when they didn't have the ball and had truly great leadership stills. Any team in the world would benefit from these attributes.

Shocking? Not really.

Anyway, back onto Bannan...

Con, it's really good to read that you are now stating that Mata is a better player than Bannan and that he could learn from Leon Britton and hopefully some day emulate him as this shows that you are slowly beginning to align with Bannan's actual potential. You still have a little way to go yet, but at least you aren't stating he has world class crossing ability and is going to go on to join the biggest clubs in the world.

Also, just as a side note, if you include only wins from any player their points per game average is going to be pretty awesome.

You need to find that infamous - yet surprisingly and strangely never quoted - post where I said Bannan was going to join one of the big clubs.

Also, I do continue to say he has world class crossing ability. He has shown that over two seasons. The question is how the rest of his game stands up.