Barry Bannan

villianusa

I think we should look at who of the young players that have a future at Villa and will be able to take the club further.

I don't think Bannan is one of those players. We should sell and fetch 2-4 million pounds.

We need wingers on the wings (not Bannan). We need a defensive midfielder who fights (Herd, not Bannan), we need a central playmaker (could be Bannan, but I am afraid we need a better man than him).

Have a feeling Bannan might step up today if selected. In a game where much isn't expected, he has no reason to try to 'outshine' his teammates, which I think will allow him to play more naturally (and better).

Silly if me to be positive. Bannan has well and truly become shit.

Nice pass, too weak, too slow.Needs to watch Scholes and learn.

Personally would either sell him, or let him go on loan.Not sure he has the appetite to be a good player.Compare to Carruthers attitude when he came on..

Was'nt Bannans worse game, but not sure he can play much better.

He's average in terms of a pro footballer but as a prem player he's poor. His attitude off the pitch is obviously questionable and then today on the pitch when he lunged at Carrick shows he's a bit of a dick on the pitch as well. Even more annoying is he has an air of arrogance about him as if he's just won the ballon d'or and not just that he's had a run of games in a poor injury hit Aston Villa side.

Even more annoying is he has an air of arrogance about him as if he's just won the ballon d'or and not just that he's had a run of games in a poor injury hit Aston Villa side.

This. Shouldn't play again this season IMO, has looked particularly awful in the current team. And that takes some doing.

I've never been a fan. I have often shook my head in disbelief at some of the comments that I've read on here saying how highly they rate Bannan. If we stay up then we should sell him because he's never going to be a decent Premier League player. He tries too many "Hollywood" passes that don't come off, he's slow, he can't tackle and he's too small. With those attributes he's never going to be able to handle the physically demanding Premier League. Just my opinion, obviously. I'm sure some people will disagree though.

I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, I still think there's a decent player in there somewhere, just not under the current regime. He reminds me a lot of the Swansea player Britton. Lots of technical ability, nice touch, nice pass, is capable of just doing the simple thing and keeping the play ticking over. If Bannan was playing for Swansea I think he'd be a very good player. Our style of play isn't really suiting him at all, as for his hollywood balls, it wouldnt surprise me if AMC was telling him to do that (that's how much faith I have in AMC). Playing him on the right wing certainly isn't helping anyone.