Barry Bannan

villianusa

He's a kid who likes a drink. Shock **** horror. There's no excuse for what he did when crashing the car. As long as he isnt THAT stupid again, then I see no problem with him liking a drink. He's Scottish, what do you expect? :lol:

That's just the facts we know about. There were rumours of bad behaviour at Blackpool and these rumours still appear now.

word is rumours. He made a mistake wit hthe drink driuving he owned up to it. Just cause he has been seeing having a few beers he is now a complete word removed?

No he was a word removed for drinks driving and fleeing the scene.

He's also an average football player.

When you combine the two it's depressing.

If he´s not careful, he´ll end up pissing his career away.

I don´t think he´s good enough for the Premier League, but could easily do as well as Peter Whittingham has done in the Championship.

I can understand people upset at his drink driving, and they have every right to be so but where are these rumours about booze and a bad personality come from?

I see the drink driving as a blip and a mistake but have not seen or heard anything else.

I can understand people upset at his drink driving, and they have every right to be so but where are these rumours about booze and a bad personality come from?

I see the drink driving as a blip and a mistake but have not seen or heard anything else.

There's a story a few pages back about him being out on the lash last Saturday and puking over a car in the carpark.

I met Bannan last season, he was in Mechu on a night out with Kyle Walker and David Bentley was there. He didn't seem like he was being a cock then? Bentley on the other hand was trying it on with my manager.

They were all smashed up Sutton last Sat?

Well I have to say im outraged. Its 5 minutes from me and nobody said anything, I could have gone down and had a few with them and they would have been talkative if they were lagging.

A missed chance.

Gents - your opinions on Barry Bannan as a footballer are welcome - feel free to post your thoughts on his behaviours in so far as they affect his ability as a footballer - but please, no more links to family members details - please respect the privacy of those that aren't involved in the football club.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

So... anyone else think this guy is complete crap? Hope he doesn't feature again this season, genuinely. Out of all the young players that we've seen recently, Bannan is the worst. No composure, all hollywood and serious detriment to the team. Not gonna make it in the prem IMO.

So... anyone else think this guy is complete crap? Hope he doesn't feature again this season, genuinely. Out of all the young players that we've seen recently, Bannan is the worst. No composure, all hollywood and serious detriment to the team. Not gonna make it in the prem IMO.

I agree. Although to be fair to him I think the re-emergence of Ireland has hampered him as he is out of position on the right wing. The hollywood balls frustrate me so much. The Premier League is too quick for him.

Absolutely static yesterday. **** appalling first half. It doesn't matter where you're played, you have to put in effort. He's wasted out wide you say, but where else will he play? Herd and Ireland are our central pairing with Stan gone, and with N'Zogbia/Albrighton injured/out of favour/**** shit players have to step up. Warnocks looked okay wide, why can't Bannan bust a gut?

He just so obviously isnt a winger in the slightest. Trying to force him to play out there isn't doing anyone any good.

For me Bannan is a great little player, just needs to be played in a 5-man midfield in the center.

Can play the odd decent pass.

Can't tackle, can't keep the ball, can't beat a man and twice played a ridiculous Hollywood ball and held his arms up like it was other people's fault we lost the ball.

I used to think albrighton was our worst young player but bannan is the worst IMO.

I think clarke, baker, lichaj and herd have shown they will be good enough to be around the squad next year.

Bannan and albrighton should be shipped out.

Gardner obviously has potential and needs more playing time but I haven't been too impressed with him much.

A complete liability in our team atm, loves to play his Beckham style 50 yard passes and fails when there's a simple 5 yard pass on. He really isn't a winger so McLeish takes the blame as well but defensively he is garbage and tracking back isn't his style. I don't know if he will ever make it for us, he is talented but I don't think we can afford a player like him when we are struggling to stay in the league.

Should get a free pass for the time being without all this criticism, ffs he's playing in the most static and negative Villa team we've ever seen. Half our players are walking around the pitch utterly disillusioned. He had a brutal first half yesterday but so did most of the team. Still he did manage to creat 1 of the 2 chances we had in the match with a truly fantastic pass through to Gabby. If there was more motion in front of him and we weren't on the back foot the whole time then maybe he could have been more effective.

Now is not the time to start knocking and writing off our youth, they have **** all chance to shine under that clueless Ginger clearing in the woods.

Can play the odd decent pass.

Can't tackle, can't keep the ball, can't beat a man and twice played a ridiculous Hollywood ball and held his arms up like it was other people's fault we lost the ball.

I used to think albrighton was our worst young player but bannan is the worst IMO.

I think clarke, baker, lichaj and herd have shown they will be good enough to be around the squad next year.

Bannan and albrighton should be shipped out.

Gardner obviously has potential and needs more playing time but I haven't been too impressed with him much.

Interesting that under Houllier - Bannan and Albrighton were easily as good as Baker, Lichaj, and Herd have been this year. If they were shipped out and played under a decent manager who will let them express themselves and therefore build up their confidence I'm positive they would be good premier league players.

Will be gutted if McLeish's tenure at the club starts to cost us these players like Gary Cahill before.