Barry Bannan

villianusa

The right sentiment is all the campaign needs, surely? Job done. Footballer **** up big time, sets about redeeming himself and the club is shown to have taken a hard line with the player. I don't see how this reflects badly on the club. Certainly I think one would have to have some sort of agenda to try and find the negatives in this (not inferring that you do, by the bye).

Let's spin it around; say you're the club's head of PR and responsible for this, how would you go about it?

Just back the player regardless of what happened......like L'Pool and Chelsea have.......He made a mistake and hes now willing to put his hands up and say he was wrong, how wrong is that? IMO it shows a touch of class about the whole situation from both Villa and Bannan.

Another PR disaster, it was all over Central News last nite

Barry Bannan the face of anti drink drive campaign

Am I missing something here ?

I think it's the opposite and a very good PR move (for a change).

Let's look at Bolton for a minute and see how they handled a much worse situation with Marcos Alonso. Alonso was driving drunk in Madrid at triple the legal limit, crashed his car and a passenger was killed. What did BWFC do? Nothing. Marcos Alonso is out on bail and meanwhile playing for BWFC (got injured the other night so maybe karma). I personally find it sickening that the league is more concerned with Suarez calling Evra black (which he is!) than a player killing someone when driving drunk.

Fair play to AMC for suspending Bannan for a match and almost certainly sitting him down and telling him to get his sh+t sorted out.

• 3 weeks later...
"You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking...you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? "

If Bannan were to speak this, it would go down as the least threatening these words have ever been spoken.

Just back the player regardless of what happened......like L'Pool and Chelsea have........

If the club took the Liverpool stance their press release might sound a little odd...

"Aston Villa Football Club are hugely disappointed with the news that Barry Bannan has received an 18-month driving ban following an incident in which he allegedly crashed into a barrier on the M1 near Watnall, Nottinghamshire on the 23rd of October while under the influence of alcohol.

"The club finds it astonishing that the courts have completely dismissed Barry's testimony as fiction while simultaneously accepting as fact the unsupported claims of the barrier in question, especially when one considers the fact that said barrier has proven himself to be an unreliable witness in previous cases of this nature. The notion that Barry has some kind of problem with barriers is ridiculous; he has worked with barrier charities in the past and his own grandfather was a barrier. Incidentally, Barry himself suffered injury at the hands of Mr Barrier but declined to mention it in his hearing - he's cool like that.

"Furthermore, the club is dumbfounded that the courts failed to take into account Barry's cultural background when passing judgment on his actions. If this incident occurred in his home country, Barry's behaviour would not be considered offensive or damaging in any way, shape or form. Barry grew up in Scotland where driving under the influence of alcohol is common practice.

"We urge all Aston Villa supporters to rally around Barry at this difficult time."

*Limited edition 'Give Baz his wheels back' t-shirts will be available in the club shop prior to our next home game. Free bottle of whiskey with each purchase.

These months must feel like an age for him but maybe McLeish is teaching him a lesson about the game while his heads not right (I hope so); at some point the midfield and even system will have to change so Bannan will get his chance.

Some poor touches and stray passes when he came on so maybe he is trying too hard, but you'd have really wanted him to come back with basic football as standard.

Just back the player regardless of what happened......like L'Pool and Chelsea have........

If the club took the Liverpool stance their press release might sound a little odd...

"Aston Villa Football Club are hugely disappointed with the news that Barry Bannan has received an 18-month driving ban following an incident in which he allegedly crashed into a barrier on the M1 near Watnall, Nottinghamshire on the 23rd of October while under the influence of alcohol.

"The club finds it astonishing that the courts have completely dismissed Barry's testimony as fiction while simultaneously accepting as fact the unsupported claims of the barrier in question, especially when one considers the fact that said barrier has proven himself to be an unreliable witness in previous cases of this nature. The notion that Barry has some kind of problem with barriers is ridiculous; he has worked with barrier charities in the past and his own grandfather was a barrier. Incidentally, Barry himself suffered injury at the hands of Mr Barrier but declined to mention it in his hearing - he's cool like that.

"Furthermore, the club is dumbfounded that the courts failed to take into account Barry's cultural background when passing judgment on his actions. If this incident occurred in his home country, Barry's behaviour would not be considered offensive or damaging in any way, shape or form. Barry grew up in Scotland where driving under the influence of alcohol is common practice.

"We urge all Aston Villa supporters to rally around Barry at this difficult time."

*Limited edition 'Give Baz his wheels back' t-shirts will be available in the club shop prior to our next home game. Free bottle of whiskey with each purchase.

:lol: Brilliant!

Not done himself any favours tonight by telling all his Twitterati that it was a cold boring day and he's looking forward to his takeaway infront of the fire :(

BBannan25Barry Bannan

Chilling at home ... Wat a cold boring day that was !!!

We all know he's thinking it, but he shouldn't express it. It'll upset some people. Not me like, but you know what people are like. 'I've worked hard all week to pay your wages' etc.

I mean, in a way, good. He's an ambitious player and he wants to play, it was a boring game. But he needs to brush up on his PR. Not everything about Villa is good, but nothing AVFC related is bad Barry.

This kid needs to grow up fast, get his head down and work hard instead of writing bollocks on twitter and crashing Range Rovers. He needs to earn a starting place like Clark and Albrighton have.

To be fair Bannan was playing very well then McLeish just sat him and continued to keep him off the pitch. Albrighton and Clarke were sitting on the bench not doing much then out of no where McLeish started playing them consistently. Clueless coaching.