Barry Bannan

villianusa

I love you more and more with each passing day Very Happy

luckily for you BOF stands for "Bend Over Foreigner "

What's the "h" for? Not "hillarious" obviously 8)

Think it's Humerous. :winkold:

Is that the bone in your arm?

Indeed it is. I didn't mean Humorous. I meant Humerous, cause Tony has a bone in his arm. :oops:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought he acquitted himself well today. Will to move the ball forward into dangerous areas. And I felt that we had our best spell with him in the middle with Clark. I wouldn't have picked that pairing for a derby in a million years but proved Houlliers faith right. If were skint I don't mind if we produce kids like Albrighton, Clark and Bannan.

Must admitted I was amazed when we brought him on and played him in central midfield. Did alright in fairness.

Reminds me of Maloney a bit in terms of stature and the way he plays.

Still not sure whether he'll make it here but seems GH rates him so he'll get plenty of chances to prove his worth.

Must admitted I was amazed when we brought him on and played him in central midfield. Did alright in fairness.

Reminds me of Maloney a bit in terms of stature and the way he plays.

Still not sure whether he'll make it here but seems GH rates him so he'll get plenty of chances to prove his worth.

Why? His natural position is centre mid.

i will be honest i think we got too many youngesters around the squad at the moment and i dont think if we aim for higher expectations like cl in the next few years we need better quality.

i think they may do well for us in the next few years but i want more established players to rely on

i will be honest i think we got too many youngesters around the squad at the moment and i dont think if we aim for higher expectations like cl in the next few years we need better quality.

i think they may do well for us in the next few years but i want more established players to rely on

Huh??? They have been our best players really. I think a couple of our established players are heading in the wrong direction right now and others (Sidwell) were never there in the first place. I hope Albrighton and company continue to get playing time.

maybe so texas mike but in the long run i think if you want midtable then go ahead and use the youngsters more. i mean to me we shouldnt be using more than one at a time

i mean we played clark and bannan as our cms against blosers for last stages of the game. imagine if we was playing arsenal, we would get destroyed

we certainly need these youngsters in the next few seasons. but to begin with we have to flog the shit like sidwell, beye and id even say heskey because we need a forward who can actually score goals

If they turn out to be good enough what does it matter about their age. In the end you will not know if they are good enough until you give them games. One thing I like about Houllier is that he will not die wondering. By the end of the season we should know all there is to know about the Premier League futures of several of those players. Some will have a future with us some won't. At this stage it's not like there is a myriad of quality established players being kept out of the team by them is there?

If they turn out to be good enough what does it matter about their age. In the end you will not know if they are good enough until you give them games.

I think what Demitri is saying; and I agree with him; is that even with players of huge ability it is important not to use them all at the same time. They need to learn the game alongside an experienced peer. They need to be surrounded by experience. You can put someone like Clark or Bannan into a full strength team or even into separate (different) areas of the pitch as long as their immediate team-mates are experienced, but you risk an awful lot by putting 2 very inexperienced players alongside each other in the engine room of the team. Even Wenger doesn't do that with the likes of Wilshere. There's always experience alongside them. Plus, having a rookie beside a rookie means they're not learning anything of value other than maybe to handle the pressure of the occasion rather than learning any footballing/tactical skills. So to sum up, yes if they're good enough use them - I've been shouting about Clark & Albrighton for long enough now - but the side's cohesion quickly deteriorates if you use too many (see Europa League performances as an example).