Barry Bannan

villianusa

2uzcy7d.png

"i'm a player that likes to create chances"

4 assists in 39 starts LOL

1 in 10 during a very bad period at the club. He helped keep us in the Premier League. That's the Bannan legacy.

Still fighting till the bitter end. I admire that.

1. 1854: 
    PALACE LATEST
    _69611272_c2f23608-d0b0-45f3-ad71-ae080c

New Crystal Palace signing Barry Bannan says that Ian Holloway was a big factor in his move from Aston Villa.

"I went back home to Scotland over the weekend ahead of meeting up with the international squad so I've had to travel back down but it's a great bit of news for me," he said.

"I was at Blackpool with the gaffer here when they got promotion that year and that was probably the highlight of my career so far.

"It is a big move for me to leave Villa and I would like to thank the fans there but it's a new chapter in my life now and I can't wait to get started.

"I want to get myself in the door and start training and hopefully get myself in the team. I haven't played this season and didn't much last year so I can't wait to get going."

Good luck Bannan! Liked that he thanked the fans, can't imagen he'doesn'treading this thread.

I remeber when nobody gave a shit about the wage bill. Back then fans didn't abuse players on internet forums and weren't this happy to see academy players leave. But now when the bill is factor people should start blameing the ones handing out this contracts.

Don't get me wrong I am glad he found a new club, because Lambert doesn't rate him, but I rather see our youth players succeed here at Aston Villa FC!

• Like 1

Met him once on a night out in Brum. He was off his face but managed to put a sentence or two together and seemed nice enough, loved the fact i remembered that pass to Albrighton against Fulham!

Wish him all the best with palace! 

Always a pity when one of our youth players don't make it here, wish him good luck for the future.

Yep, don't think he deserves some of the criticism he gets but that's more with people arguing with con than with bannan himself.

Won't miss those horrific set prices though

Showed some ability on the ball at times and always showed a willingness for the ball. Unfortunately, couldn't make the complete step up and struggled at times. Hopefully goes on to have a good career.

Another million made from the youth team, it may not make world beaters so far, but has generated a very decent amount for the club

Just saw him speak on sky sports. Quite a dignified interview considering. I though Bannan got treated quite harshly by fans last year. Yes he was poor but no way was he the cause of all our issues the way some fans made out.

• Like 1

Just saw him speak on sky sports. Quite a dignified interview considering. I though Bannan got treated quite harshly by fans last year. Yes he was poor but no way was he the cause of all our issues the way some fans made out.

He wasn't world class either. Closer the the former (poor) than the way he was put across by one person.