Barry Bannan

villianusa

Palace Fans joy at signing Bannan

Con?  :crylaugh:

Editing the responses like that is a bit of a cheap shot...

EagleLee79  Mablethorpe, Lincs Today 12.04am  

Having medical with us tomorrow.

Add me on Xbox 360 or PS3 - Eaglelee79

Alert a moderator to this post    big_palace_fan  Today 12.18am  

I thought he was meant to be OK?

Arsenal fans were slagging off Chamakh and he's nothing like what they said he was.

Delaney was surplus to requirements at Ipswich too and was a rock last year.

Alert a moderator to this post    black eagle.  south croydon. Today 12.20am  

60 odd premiership games under he's belt,decent left foot,lets see what he can do,should he pass he's medical that is.

Alert a moderator to this post    matthau  South Croydon Today 12.33am  

hes not that bad a player at all. similar to jonny williams.

if hes in there to replace garvan then its still imoan iimprovement.

but I do hope this is one of the smaller deals we complete tomorrow after buying a top cd and half decent target man.

Alert a moderator to this post    geezerspalace  Maidstone Today 1.54am  

I didn't think he was that bad last season. At the same time does this signal perhaps the likes of Jedi going? I really hope not but..if he's not signing a new deal, who knows?

[Link] Lifelong Palace fan selling loads of Palace stuff I've collected over the years so please check out my Ebay store memorabilialane2011 Cheers, Ian

Alert a moderator to this post    eaglesmad Online  Tonbridge with all the other mad c... Today 3.27am  

Bedtime SSN to watch soon

and now Fred Davis will try for the pink, for those watching in black n white its just behind the green..........

Alert a moderator to this post    Petereagle  Today 5.44am  

Quote The Lads got class at 01 Sep 2013 11.13pm

You got to laugh , Wikipedia has him as signing for us tomorrow 02-09-13 ! Plus he has apparently posted a photo on Instagram of th London Hotel he is staying in tonight

[Link]

Alert a moderator to this post    kevin0979  Sheffield Today 8.19am  

SSN reporting that's he's currently having a medical with us

Alert a moderator to this post    sydtheeagle Online  East Midlands Today 9.53am  

I don't get the negativity -- or the ignorance of how to stay in the Premiership -- at all. Some of the comments about Bannan here are just stupid. A lot of what we do today, and what we need to do, is not going to be about filling the 11 shirts in the starting line up. it's going to be about making squad numbers 20-25 much stronger. If we get 1 or 2 starters (second goalscoring forward and a centre back) today, I would be delighted. If the group as a whole is made stronger, and with more competition for places and cover for injuries, that will do just as much to keep us up. The reality is that Barry Bannan will make the back-end of the squad and the subs bench much stronger -- more Premiership experience, more depth, and some proven ability -- than it is now. At a low cost, this is a very good signing...under the radar, but it makes the group better.

Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert a moderator to this post    braunstoneagle  the middle of bumf*** nowhere... Today 9.56am  

Quote sydtheeagle at 02 Sep 2013 9.53am

I don't get the negativity -- or the ignorance of how to stay in the Premiership -- at all. Some of the comments about Bannan here are just stupid. A lot of what we do today, and what we need to do, is not going to be about filling the 11 shirts in the starting line up. it's going to be about making squad numbers 20-25 much stronger. If we get 1 or 2 starters (second goalscoring forward and a centre back) today, I would be delighted. If the group as a whole is made stronger, and with more competition for places and cover for injuries, that will do just as much to keep us up. The reality is that Barry Bannan will make the back-end of the squad and the subs bench much stronger -- more Premiership experience, more depth, and some proven ability -- than it is now. At a low cost, this is a very good signing...under the radar, but it makes the group better.

indeed...whenever ive seen him play he looks like a hard working & clever little midifelder.

like others have said similar player to jonny williams...my only negative thought towards this transfer would be would this signing stifle williams progression at all? i would hope not.

but 700k for a player in his early 20's with a seemingly bright future in the game gets the thumbs up from me.

astute signing!

‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway

Alert a moderator to this post    miles18 Online  Telford Today 2.12pm  

Bannan has signed, out training with the team. Confirmation of signing to come.

[Link]

Facebook

Alert a moderator to this post    One More Point Online  Worksop Today 2.15pm  

ok, good squad signing.

Edited by Con

No personal dislike for the guy and at times I felt he had talent, that was unfortunately dwarfed by his a ability to hide when the going got tough and generally be a bit of a pussy on the pitch. Didn't have the fight to be in our first team and I suspect that Palace fans will be saying the same thing soon too.

Good luck Barry.

Best of luck to him.

Barry has been here since he was 15. He made over 60 appearances for the senior side and was part of our successful academy team.

The club now stand to receive over £1million for him.

Not sure why a section of our own “fans” have turned on this lad (mainly on VT). When I think of all the wasters we spent millions on over the years.

Edited by Villastine
  • Like 1

I think he actually just made a balls of the quoting :)

I think he actually just made a balls of the quoting :)

Yes that. CBA to tidy it up. 

No personal dislike for the guy and at times I felt he had talent, that was unfortunately dwarfed by his a ability to hide when the going got tough and generally be a bit of a pussy on the pitch. Didn't have the fight to be in our first team and I suspect that Palace fans will be saying the same thing soon too.

Good luck Barry.

That's not true at all. He never hid and he put in some tackles. Let's check his Squawka stats for last season:

http://www.squawka.com/players/barry-bannan#performance-score#aston-villa-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2012/2013#2#all-matches#1-38#by-match

He won one Squawka award for "best defence" in the team, made 36 tackles (22 successful), and 34 interceptions. That's more than 1 tackle and interception a game.

In comparison to a central defensive midfielder - Delph, who played the same minutes as Bannan - Delph got 68 interceptions and 56 tackles (43 successful). However, Delph created 13 chances to Bannan's 34. My guess is we are keeping Delph because he can improve his chance creation/goalscoring more than Bannan can improve his defensive work.

Don't particularly wish him well really, don't wish ill on him either but if we never saw him again I would not care.

Just glad to get him out for a fee.

• Like 2