Salifou

Pires

Clark

Beye

Shorey

Ireland

Dawkins

does Agathe count even Cuellar

What about DjembaDjemba? Is he last 6 years? Hogg could go in there too. And Del la Cruz if he makes the time cut.

they were just before that I think. horrible to think how much crap we had

Bernie Gallagher wasn't brilliant either.

Wasn't his nickname "Weetabix"?

The Joke is on us, last time he played in The Championship he got the team promoted (Blackpool).

Three Blackpool players have been dropped from the squad to face Sheffield Wednesday after being spotted dancing in a local nightclub.

Boss Ian Holloway took action after Barry Bannan, Ishmel Demontagnac and Neil Eardley were seen out just hours after Saturday's 2-1 loss to Leicester.

"I'm disappointed - we'll have a party once we've got 52 points," Holloway told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"If they think that's appropriate, then they're messing with the wrong man."

The trio will avoid a fine because they have not broken the terms of their contracts but Holloway will ask them to explain their behaviour.

"They're not in breach of contract - they've broken my rules and I think our fans need to know," he said.

o.gif

How can you be injured and be dancing?

Holloway revealed Eardley has been nursing a knee problem while Bannan, who is on-loan from Aston Villa, has a foot injury.

The pair were due to undergo treatment on Sunday.

"Bannan's probably broken his toe but it was apparently good enough to go out dancing on a Saturday night," said Holloway.

"How can you be injured and be dancing?

"I like a dance with anybody but it's got to be the right time and when you're in a good mood.

"I'm not in a good mood when I lose and neither should they be."

Edited by NurembergVillan
  • Like 3

Barry Bannan is easily the worst player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt. Absolutely & totally pathetic.

You can't be very old then.

I've seen Ray Walker and Dave Norton.

And Nigel Callaghan.

Colin Withers was playing in goal at the first game I ever went to at Villa Park!

My opinion stands!

Edited by villa-revolution

Good. I'm glad he's gone. I have no personal dislike to the kid but he's infuriating to watch because he's continually giving the ball to the other team and is utterly ineffectual at trying to win it back when they do have it. I'd much rather have someone like Sylla there who does some stupid stuff occasionally but does actually have a presence on the pitch.

wish him well at Blackburn. never deserved to become the hate/joke figure he seems to be for so many on here. some of our more derided youth players like Hogg and Osbourne have gone on to do alright in Championship & others like Whittingham thrived (and is now deservedly back in the Premier League). of course there's also many examples of players who drop down and then keep dropping so only time will tell on this one.

Glad he's gone but wish him all the best. Met him on nights out  few times and always seems like a decent guy. 

Will do well in the Championship and if he develops will maybe return to the Prem one day.

Plus, i will always remember that pass to marc for the goal away at Fulham. 

Barry Bannan is easily the worst player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt. Absolutely & totally pathetic.

And Nigel Callaghan.

Colin Withers was playing in goal at the first game I ever went to at Villa Park!

My opinion stands!

I'm surprised Kinsella hasn't popped up in anyone's list.

And Nigel Callaghan.

Didier Agathe was one of the worst I've ever seen from recent times.

And Nigel Callaghan.

Didier Agathe was one of the worst I've ever seen from recent times.

for me he was the ABSOLUTE worst!

The most infuriating thing with Bannan IMO, is that he has almost completely squandered the potential he once had. He had the potential to at least be a regular for us and dictate the midfield for a mid table/top half team, but to see him seemingly not try and consistently waste possession with his hollywood balls and poor decisions means it's time for him to go and he'll probably never make at Premier League level now. I wish him luck at Blackburn as I actually liked him when he first broke through, he needs to play in the Championship as that is unfortunately going to be his level in all probability.

Oh, and he is nowhere near the worst player to ever play for Villa, I can name at least four from last season, Lichaj, Herd, Ireland and Dawkins.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

Bye Barry, championship is about his level. Apart from a few moments (like that pass against Fulham) he has never shown he has the ability or temperament to play week in week out in the premiership.

The start of Bannan tumbling down the leagues until he's washed up at East Fife.

Strangely they were my second team a few years back. I got them to the SPL on Championship manager 2 or something. It helped I was Scotland manager too and kept picking East Fife players until Rangers bought them. 

Edited by praisedmambo

My opinion on Bannan is this:

He does have a lot of footballing ability, probably every bit as much as Delph, Weimann or Westwood. It's just that he's not particularly good at doing any one thing within the team. He doesn't have the physicality to be a presence (I want to say like Delph, but well...perhaps not), and he doesn't have the self discipline to be a deep-lying playmaker like Westwood. He undoubtedly has the ability to do Westwood's job, but he doesn't seem to stick to the simple passes, and hence he doesn't really have anything to offer to the team.

He will make a good player for someone, but I don't think we'll miss him. We shouldn't forget some of his better performances though, because he has been brilliant for us at times in the past. 

Good luck to the lad. The vitriol on here is an embarrassment, quite frankly.

Yeah I agree... some people eh?

Good luck to wee Baz, there's a player in there somewhere he just needs to have some mental focus and grow up a little.

• Like 1