The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If he were to sign a new contract he'd done it already.

Said it before I think he will stay for another season to see how/if we progress before committing to anything.

I think this season is absolutely massive, and we need to make big strides.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Agree completely mate. People who think that winning trophies = happiness are wrong. Yes that may be the case for some players, but it's definitely not for all. There are many different ways to get joy out of a football career.

I haven't said Jack will want to go. I'm just saying it's naive to think he won't be tempted at all.

I only ever see you on VT when a rumour of Jack going to Cit£h starts up and you come to tell all what a great thing it would be for football.....🤔

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We now need to Stop fretting over Jack. It isn’t something we as fans can control. I believe the club know what’s happening whatever the outcome. I trust them to deal with it, be it he stays or goes. I support Aston Villa FC not Grealish FC. If he goes, he goes 

Indeed, if he goes, dead to me. UTV

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I keep seeing people say we are under no pressure to sell. Percy and others have said there is a significant release clause in there. £100m would have been significant when he signed the deal. Not saying there is one but don't think we can rule it out. Whether someone pays it is another thing. If he ends up going then no point crying. Unlike previous regimes this one will reinvest the money 

100 M is a joke for a player like Grealish.

Genuinely one of the best players in Europe.

Coutinho went for 150...

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I keep seeing people say we are under no pressure to sell. Percy and others have said there is a significant release clause in there. £100m would have been significant when he signed the deal. Not saying there is one but don't think we can rule it out. Whether someone pays it is another thing. If he ends up going then no point crying. Unlike previous regimes this one will reinvest the money 

Hopefully not re-invested like the magnificent seven for Spuds. 🤣

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

If there is, then fine. We have no idea though, and I personally doubt it especially at that price.

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s never a foregone conclusion, Liverpool will be up there again next season. If we buy sensibly like we have done in the recent past, there’s no reason why we can’t join them if we keep the current squad together and add to it

No but the point is that it isnt a challenge. It's like when people say he needs to leave to be ambitious. Surely getting villa into the top 4 is far more of a challenge/ambitious than signing up for a PL winners medal with Man City? City are odds on to win the league, Liverpool are second favourites at 6/1. Close to a one horse race.

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It isn't about money for us regarding Jack. It is about the ethics and values of modern football. The whole of the football world should speak out on this deal, it is akin to the Super League conception.

The premier league should have taken strong action to punish the so called breakaway teams -too soft as usual - points deductions were needed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It isn't about money for us regarding Jack. It is about the ethics and values of modern football. The whole of the football world should speak out on this deal, it is akin to the Super League conception.

It's not just this deal either chap. It's Kane aswell, the best 2 English players in the league, gonna be circa £300 million if it happens. Shouldn't be aloud no way!!!

1 hour ago, Chine said:

Jack doesn’t need to play for Pep to get established in the England set up he just needs Southgate gone ! as according to the bookies he’s currently first choice on the team sheet for a strong contender for Southgates job 

Sad reality is if he does for City exactly what he's been doing for Villa he is probably an England starter.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Did you post this while doing your homework for Primary School?

Villa fans who don't see how/why any of our players COULD be tempted by a move, are plain naive.

So you think it is obvious that he wants to move from regular starts, regular England slot, big money, playing for his home club to irregular starts and England slot only if he gets off the bench enough ?

Not everybody is as big a fan of "Pep" as you clearly are.

Jack knows what is happening and what is planned at Villa and I'm fairly certain he's more interested in being a part of that than sitting on the bench at Man City.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

That's not entirely true, we may start winthink in two or more season time.

We're not catching City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd in 3 seasons time.

Their squads are lightyears ahead of us and most of them have elite managers.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We're not catching City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd in 3 seasons time.

Their squads are lightyears ahead of us and most of them have elite managers.

Leicester fans say hi 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The premier league should have taken strong action to punish the so called breakaway teams -too soft as usual - points deductions were needed 

Too soft indeed. Those clubs needed a points deduction and then some.  But what we got was a meek slap on the wrist and a fake apologise & future promises (lies) made by a fat cat CEO. Not good enough. 

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

Â