The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Does anyone think we may see Jack back in centre midfield again this season, like at the start of last?

With Luiz now excelling in the defensive role, McGinn going up and down, all day long, perhaps there's opportunity for Jack to be the attacking one of the three.

I thought he was poor there last season, but maybe a new season with better wingers (here's hoping!) and an infinitely better Luiz will see him in the middle again. If he's going to play for England, I think this is his best positional opportunity to do so.

Maybe top of a midfield diamond.....but Jack for me lacks the defensive work to play in a middle 2...... you have to be able to mix it , playing in the middle imo.

44 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just checked and he still 2 to 5 on to stay at the villa with odds checker But they just seem some money has gone on him going to United recently And he’s odds on with a couple of them

What are the odds on us signing someone?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

What are the odds on us signing someone?

The chances of anything coming from this window, are a million to one he said, The chances of anything coming from the window are a million to one...but still the transfer links come! :D 

(with apologies to Mr Blue Nose Jeff, for tinkering with those lyrics)

• Haha 1

Just now, John said:

The chances of anything coming from this window, are a million to one he said, The chances of anything coming from the window are a million to one...but still the transfer links come! :D 

(with apologies to Mr Blue Nose Jeff, for tinkering with those lyrics)

Great minds and all that and that will teach me to read the rest of the thread before responding again😃

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Hope the managemenr is keeping Jack in the loop on any new signings we have in the wings , Jack needs to feel we are pushing on and we're going to try and match his ambitions. 

It must be a very hard time for Jack with Mr Southgate ignoring him, serious questions need to be asked of the reasoning behind him not been selected, despite him being the most in form English player last season. To me it seems politically motivated in order to unsettle Jack , it's the most blatant case I have seen. It needs to be addressed and pushed onto the table to let Southgate answer the question, he's been let of  lightly because we are not a press darlings.  Maybe Smith could ask the question or someone more senior. 

The most important thing from our point of view is for our management to talk this through with Jack and not just ignore this ridiculous and malicious decision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Maybe top of a midfield diamond.....but Jack for me lacks the defensive work to play in a middle 2...... you have to be able to mix it , playing in the middle imo.

I think that’s right in general but it could work if he was more forward in a 3. Provided  we had plenty of bite in the other two. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Hope the managemenr is keeping Jack in the loop on any new signings we have in the wings , Jack needs to feel we are pushing on and we're going to try and match his ambitions. 

It must be a very hard time for Jack with Mr Southgate ignoring him, serious questions need to be asked of the reasoning behind him not been selected, despite him being the most in form English player last season. To me it seems politically motivated in order to unsettle Jack , it's the most blatant case I have seen. It needs to be addressed and pushed onto the table to let Southgate answer the question, he's been let of  lightly because we are not a press darlings.  Maybe Smith could ask the question or someone more senior. 

The most important thing from our point of view is for our management to talk this through with Jack and not just ignore this ridiculous and malicious decision. 

I think the out rage was starting to show, quite a few people were coming out in defence of Jack but then Maguire took the headline away from it completely letting Southgate off the hook somewhat. Hundred percent agree with what you’re saying that this needs to be taken further

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I know its bloody stupid and I’m a grown man but the thought of Jack leaving really gets to me 

Same im 33 and gone through a lot of hurt in losing players over those years but this one will cut deeper than any. Its because this is someone who is one of us unlike the others. We all know how much we need him to ever get anywhere respectable again as a club, so if he leaves it certainly will feel like we’ll never be able to hold onto our better players. But we’re not Aston Villa of yesteryear, we’re newly promoted Aston Villa that are light years away from the Oil FC members that run the monopoly of modern day football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Same im 33 and gone through a lot of hurt in losing players over those years but this one will cut deeper than any. Its because this is someone who is one of us unlike the others. We all know how much we need him to ever get anywhere respectable again as a club, so if he leaves it certainly will feel like we’ll never be able to hold onto our better players. But we’re not Aston Villa of yesteryear, we’re newly promoted Aston Villa that are light years away from the Oil FC members that run the monopoly of modern day football.

Going back further all the talk of him leaving gives me the exact same feeling when I heard that Brian Little was signing for the Blues but worse and that is saying something 

Personally, I think Jack was staying with Villa as long as they stayed in the Premier League and will do so next season too as long as there are signs of improvement - no relegation battle. 

However, if, as people suggest, Jack is waiting to see Villa's ambition in the transfer market before deciding his future, do people think the links to Cash, Watkins, Benrahma, Rashica will be enough to keep hold of him? 

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think that’s right in general but it could work if he was more forward in a 3. Provided  we had plenty of bite in the other two. 

I love him Dave.....but i know his shortcomings too.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Personally, I think Jack was staying with Villa as long as they stayed in the Premier League and will do so next season too as long as there are signs of improvement - no relegation battle. 

However, if, as people suggest, Jack is waiting to see Villa's ambition in the transfer market before deciding his future, do people think the links to Cash, Watkins, Benrahma, Rashica will be enough to keep hold of him? 

I think its a fair point.

Rashica looks like a step above of what we have and losing McKennie has disappointed me....but I guess we don't really know, who we are in for, just media rumours.

We need a statement signing. Like go and give Roma what they want for Edin Dzeko or someone with stature and of proven quality. Thats just an example, seems Juve are going to get him.

Its just so hard to compete. Anyone decent whos available is going to be courted by other more desirable clubs. How can we ever compete with the top teams like Chelsea and City who can just go and spend £250m a window and pay people £325k p/w. We cant, we have to unearth gems, and even if they smash it and become good players l, guess what, Chelsea and City will just come and take them off us. Most annoying thing is, we can now do what they did ourselves, to some extent, but we’re not allowed. That drawbridge came up with FFP.

38 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I’m 51 and can remember losing the likes of Cowans, Platt, Barry before and it is mildly annoying to say the least. If Jack does go and for me I still think it’s a big if, someone will replace him and be one the new Cowans, Platt, Barry or Grealish. Personally I think he will stay and the team will be built around him and he is fully in the know on who is being lined up and the calibre if possible new signings ...

27 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We need a statement signing. Like go and give Roma what they want for Edin Dzeko or someone with stature and of proven quality. Thats just an example, seems Juve are going to get him.

Its just so hard to compete. Anyone decent whos available is going to be courted by other more desirable clubs. How can we ever compete with the top teams like Chelsea and City who can just go and spend £250m a window and pay people £325k p/w. We cant, we have to unearth gems, and even if they smash it and become good players l, guess what, Chelsea and City will just come and take them off us. Most annoying thing is, we can now do what they did ourselves, to some extent, but we’re not allowed. That drawbridge came up with FFP.

Did it?

Man City have taken a steaming dump all over FFP in recent years but have managed to bend the rules/bribe/find ways around it... Wasn't Purslow part of the committee/group that set up FFP in the first place?

Â